• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Devine love question

Californication

Charlie Brown
15 Year Member
Curious how much credit Reggie Davis gets for some of Devine's development? I know the strength program helped him, and the type offense we run, but his fundamentals seem to be very solid all around, and I just don't know if you get this in one year. Also, I know Davis was a crap recruiter.....but that is a different topic.

Curious how much credit Reggie Davis gets for some of Devine's development? I know the strength program helped him, and the type offense we run, but his fundamentals seem to be very solid all around, and I just don't know if you get this in one year. Also, I know Davis was a crap recruiter.....but that is a different topic.

Since he had more time under Davis to develop and didn't really do much/get a chance to prove himself....i'm going to say not much.

Since he had more time under Davis to develop and didn't really do much/get a chance to prove himself....i'm going to say not much.

and I am going to disagree. I don't think you learn the fundamentals he is displaying in one season, imo. While I agree he did not get the opportunity to show what he could do, and I believe the honesty of the coaching staff energized him, I don't see that as the same as how and what he was taught.

I think Oz deserves the credit for reinventing himself the way each of the coaching staffs asked him to each year. The last time he was asked to change himself in a specific way to meet a specific need in a plan that was implemented from front to back of the offense. He grabbed that ring when it came by and is still running. His drive is most of the story, but fitting into the system made all the difference this year.

What a great story, and hopefully the first of many developmental successes to come.

Last edited:
I agree. Davis definateley deserves credit. And sometimes you just need that opportunity. So many really good players never get that opportunity to show what they can do. He got it. and. He showed it.

I think Oz deserves the credit for reinventing himself the way each of the coaching staffs asked him to each year. The last time he was asked to change himself in a specific way to meet a specific need in a plan that was implemented from front to back of the offense. He grabbed that ring when it came by and is still running. His drive is most of the story, but fitting into the system made all the difference this year.

What a great story, and hopefully the first of many developmental successes to come.

Great post, you hit send before I hit send. You are spot on.

Will be intriguing year 2 under HCSF and Ryan Held how J. Bradley responds. Ziggy showed him exactly what he needs to do.

We need someone in that big back role. We saw this year how important change of pace backs were, especially when changing drive to drive and running tempo where Ds struggle to adjust.

Just curious how the battle between Mills and Bradley plays out.

Will be intriguing year 2 under HCSF and Ryan Held how J. Bradley responds. Ziggy showed him exactly what he needs to do.

We need someone in that big back role. We saw this year how important change of pace backs were, especially when changing drive to drive and running tempo where Ds struggle to adjust.

IMO...there is no battle to be fought between Bradley and Mills. Bradley, unfortunately is an afterthought at this time in terms of the rotation and I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers. If Bivens hops on board, he immediately becomes the heir apparent to Mills.

I hope I'm wrong as I'm rooting for Bradley...I just dont see it.

Last edited:

Agreed 100%

Well there is no battle at this time, Mills is not on campus

In High School the reason Devine was recruited here was he was known as a do it all very fundementally sound back. Soft hands, good understanding of pass protection, tough runner with decent speed. The knock on him was he wasn't breakaway fast and not the toughest, he was good but didn't pop in any particular facet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back