• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who is the best recruit for each head coach at Nebraska (Devaney to Frost)?

MonagHusker

Recruit
5 Year Member
Just some off-season mind ramblings. It seems like every time I turned on the Husker Sports Nightly this week (ok it's two times, but still...), Greg Sharpe asked his guest about Solich coming back for the awards banquet and how good that was. Long story short, I thought about recruiting and brought me to this.

I was curious who you thought was the best recruit for each of our coaches since, and including, Devaney? If you can't narrow it down to one that's fine. Feel free to weight it how you see fit -- if you feel it's based on being a big win on recruiting day, or if it's one that contributed at Nebraska most, or maybe it's the one that made a long career in the NFL. Also, feel free to note players that may have committed but never played.

I'll defer to others on this. Great question for the off season. We've had some good ones over the years, both those that excelled in the pro's and those that only excelled in college. Hopefully, several people chime in on this thread, and give us guys like Glover, Rogers, Rozier, Frazier, Green and more.

This but substitute Frazier for Frost...

Without Frost, we wouldn’t be in the position we are today. Just my .02

Some could argue, without for Frazier, Frost would not have been in his position for what he accomplished today. Not saying that's me, just giving an alternative argument. Maybe Frazier paved the way for what became??.

Devaney: J Rodgers
Osborne: T Frazier
Solich: T Fonoti or F Washington
Callahan: N Suh
Pelini: A Abdullah
Riley: J Spielman
Frost: A Martinez
I agree with most here. Although i think Osborne's is Turner. Not only for what he did on the field but for what he did coaching all the other great QBs. For pelini i might lean towards Gregory. Off season stuff aside

Devaney: J Rodgers
Osborne: T Frazier
Solich: T Fonoti or F Washington
Callahan: N Suh
Pelini: A Abdullah
Riley: J Spielman
Frost: A Martinez
I agree except I would say Barrett Rudd for FS. All time leading tackler in NU history, long NFL career........one of the top 3 lbs in NU history IMO........Id probably have him #2 behind Lavonte

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back