• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bunchie

:Salute::Banghead: I'm sure Scott prefers not to stunt the development of his Freshman All American for a one year rental when hes on record as stating he wouldn't trade AM for anyone in the country.
Obviously Little Nick marches to the beat of a different drum however. He essentially replaced a QB that went 24-2 (Hurts) and also won a NC with a freshman in 2017? Hurts finished the 2016 season with 36 overall touchdowns breaking Blake Sims's previous record for touchdowns in a single season for the Crimson Tide with a total of 35 which he set in 2014. Hurts became the first quarterback coached by Nick Saban to rush for more than 11 touchdowns in a single season. Obviously more accomplished then anything AM did this season as a freshman. I'd bet dollars to donuts Little Nick would replace AM in a heart beat if he thought another QB was better no matter what. I'm glad we don't have a coach like Little Nick and would never want someone like him at Nebraska.

I don't believe SF would do something like that but other coaches would and do. It's not like Little Nick was in the hot seat or worried about his job either. He replaced Hurts because he believed Tagovailoa is better? Now we have Hurts seeking a new team and he will have dozens of teams competing for his services. Even when it's only 1 and done for Hurts just like Russell Wilson did for Wisky years back?

College football has really evolved into a win at any cost situation. Just to much money on the table so that's how things roll now.....

Remember this whole thing started out with Mc Cafferty, Vedral and Bunchie.....No one is being obtuce, except maybe you. You have made up your mind and your trying to justify being wrong.
You mean Mick C, The Ved and Buchie. Yeah I agree that Scofro, Walt and super Mario all think they would be suitable backups to 2AM. The best situation we have had since TFraz and BeBe.

Obviously Little Nick marches to the beat of a different drum however. He essentially replaced a QB that went 24-2 (Hurts) and also won a NC with a freshman in 2017? Hurts finished the 2016 season with 36 overall touchdowns breaking Blake Sims's previous record for touchdowns in a single season for the Crimson Tide with a total of 35 which he set in 2014. Hurts became the first quarterback coached by Nick Saban to rush for more than 11 touchdowns in a single season. Obviously more accomplished then anything AM did this season as a freshman. I'd bet dollars to donuts Little Nick would replace AM in a heart beat if he thought another QB was better no matter what. I'm glad we don't have a coach like Little Nick and would never want someone like him at Nebraska.

I don't believe SF would do something like that but other coaches would and do. It's not like Little Nick was in the hot seat or worried about his job either. He replaced Hurts because he believed Tagovailoa is better? Now we have Hurts seeking a new team and he will have dozens of teams competing for his services. Even when it's only 1 and done for Hurts just like Russell Wilson did for Wisky years back?

College football has really evolved into a win at any cost situation. Just to much money on the table so that's how things roll now.....
All great points, and I agree and truly believe Scott when he says he wouldn't trade AM for anyone. And he is as loyal to his kids as you will find. Ask Ronald Thompkins. Little Nick would have dropped him at the sound of his ACL snapping. But not Frost. There is a difference between the two and you eloquently made that point in your previous post.

But there are many reasons he feels the way he does about AM and I trust in his ability to judge talent and character better than any of us. He has a track record. He will sink or swim with AM. I wholeheartedly stand by my statement

Last edited:
Remember this whole thing started out with Mc Cafferty, Vedral and Bunchie.....No one is being obtuce, except maybe you. You have made up your mind and your trying to justify being "wrong."

But YOU were the one who injected Hurts into the conversation, remember? That inherently calls into question where AM would stand. Holy cow man. And I'd love to know where I'm definitively wrong. I really havent seen anyone defend your position besides maybe one person...so who exactly is wrong here?

Once again you're making very little sense. It's like having a discussion with a 7 year old...and very tiresome.

Last edited:

Jalen Hurts' QB coach at Alabama just signed to be the O-coordinator at U of Miami.

Rumor is that puts them in the front runner position for Jalen.

McCaffery will red shirt. #2 will be up for grabs between Vedral and Bunch if he stays. MHO
Did you sleep through the dark period where AM was hurt and rehabing? Did you see anything from those two that inspired us to greatness? Do you think we would have gone 0 - 6 if Am had missed the injury? You don't get better accepting mediocrity at QB or any other position.

I don't know where Mc Cafferty is except his HDL stuff looked good. Vederal and Bunch in real life, not so much. We do not need an upgrade at #1 QB but we sure as hell to at #2 and #3 because they need to be good enough to start, which they are clearly not today.

If McCaffery does RS we better hope and pray AM doesn't go down in 2019. Neither one of the current backups is good enough to win our division imo. We just saw a TRUE freshman lead a team to a NC! Yea he's exceptional but if he was red shirting this season we'd never know about him? If McCaffery is the back up in 2020 he still will have very limited playing time. Perhaps 4 games assuming we have some blowouts and he's allowed to play instead of the designated backups?

We've seen some exceptional true freshman QB's the last 10 years including our own AM....
Exactly and they played for National champions.

Did you sleep through the dark period where AM was hurt and rehabing? Did you see anything from those two that inspired us to greatness? Do you think we would have gone 0 - 6 if Am had missed the injury? You don't get better accepting mediocrity at QB or any other position.

I don't know where Mc Cafferty is except his HDL stuff looked good. Vederal and Bunch in real life, not so much. We do not need an upgrade at #1 QB but we sure as hell to at #2 and #3 because they need to be good enough to start, which they are clearly not today.

Vedral wasn't available to play when Martinez was out

Given that we have a new system and chose a true frosh as our starter, it's not likely that there were a ton of reps for either of them to get ready .. and in particular, few reps for Vedral who wasn't even eligible to play until mid way through the season. They may or may not ever be adequate backup QB's, but the injury to AM last year doesn't teach us anything other than that Vedral wasn't available and Bunch wasn't ready.

Given that Vedral completed over 75% of his passes the prior year, I suspect he'll be fine as a backup QB. I don't know that Bunch has a feel for the offense, but I leave that up to the coaches in this case. Given that McCaffrey completed 55% of his passes as a starter last year in HS, I suspect he'll have work to do before we make him our backup.

Of the 3, Vedral's most likely to win the backup job, IMO

Vedral wasn't available to play when Martinez was out

Given that we have a new system and chose a true frosh as our starter, it's not likely that there were a ton of reps for either of them to get ready .. and in particular, few reps for Vedral who wasn't even eligible to play until mid way through the season. They may or may not ever be adequate backup QB's, but the injury to AM last year doesn't teach us anything other than that Vedral wasn't available and Bunch wasn't ready.

Given that Vedral completed over 75% of his passes the prior year, I suspect he'll be fine as a backup QB. I don't know that Bunch has a feel for the offense, but I leave that up to the coaches in this case. Given that McCaffrey completed 55% of his passes as a starter last year in HS, I suspect he'll have work to do before we make him our backup.

Of the 3, Vedral's most likely to win the backup job, IMO
The problem is the sample size on Vedral is way to small to draw any meaningful conclusions based on his playing time at UCF imo. He got less time over 8 games then a starter usually gets in 1 game? So is he really a decent QB that didn't perform well in his brief appearances last season? No idea but what I did see wasn't very impressive. However to be fair we didn't see enough of his playing last season to form much of judgement on.

vedral 2017.jpg

Coaches are human, they make picks that often do not pan out. The whole point of keeping backups is to give yourself options.

It's completely nonsensical to declare Bunch, Masker, and Vedral inadequate at this point. It's just as asinine to say Martinez will stay a starter over any of them let alone the new guy. Martinez is always hurt. I hope these injuries aren't a sign of fragility that suddenly puts one of the other players in because he's out. But football is inherently dangerous and you plan for when your star goes down. Not because you think it will happen, but because you need insurance for if it happens.

Our coaching staff wasn't exactly making the best personnel choices during the first half of the season. Injuries forced them to take chances on some guys that surprised everyone. But some choices they made, like Bell playing in front of Ozigbo, were plain bad.

Coaches are human, they make picks that often do not pan out. The whole point of keeping backups is to give yourself options.

It's completely nonsensical to declare Bunch, Masker, and Vedral inadequate at this point. It's just as asinine to say Martinez will stay a starter over any of them let alone the new guy. Martinez is always hurt. I hope these injuries aren't a sign of fragility that suddenly puts one of the other players in because he's out. But football is inherently dangerous and you plan for when your star goes down. Not because you think it will happen, but because you need insurance for if it happens.

Our coaching staff wasn't exactly making the best personnel choices during the first half of the season. Injuries forced them to take chances on some guys that surprised everyone. But some choices they made, like Bell playing in front of Ozigbo, were plain bad.
Facts not in evidence rat. Devine himself said adversity made him play harder. Thats why Frost is coach and you are not. Doubtful we will ever know Bell quit too soon to know for sure.

LM either has to have AM get injured for more than 4 games, or be outright better than him and start for us to not redshirt in 2019. Frost is more than confident with Vedral as the #2.
***, you're scaring me man thats 4 posts in a row when I have had to agree with you might have to rethink things lol

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back