• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Are we Still Targeting

Absolutely but there are countless schools at the D2 and D3 that simply don’t care about these young men. It’s really tough to watch.
The kids coming in on scholarship aren’t getting an education if they don’t make it academically but they’re not racking up a ton of debt. At the D2and D3 levels are using kids for football and the money .

Anyone else catch Braden Gall and Tom Luginbill tonight about 7 cst talking about Nebraska on Recruiting Nation, ESPNU XM channel 84? A Neb caller asked their thoughts on Frost and his program. Both had some really positive comments.
Summary:
Luginbill - 2 recruiting classes have been good, especially on offense, need to develop depth, maybe one more yr out from being really good, then BIG10 watch out! Likes Martinez and also very high on Luke McCaffrey. Thinks he was overlooked by other teams, and second best behind Christian of the 4 brothers.
Gall - was very pro-Huskers in his comments. Tops his list for teams he is most excited to watch in 2019. Sees Neb as a bowl team for sure, but also maybe 1 more yr out from being really good.

Sam McKewon really likes Jordan as a LB prospect. Says he has better film than any of our other LB recruits, or something along those lines. Guy could be a real steal. The Auburn offer says a lot.
McKewon must be regurgitating something he heard from someone else...as I dont put much stock in his football IQ. Now if you want a good film review or some political commentary, he's your man. P.s. IMHO, I don't agree with him at all.

Last edited:
I dont really trust Sam with player evaluations or X's and O's. He used to admit he basically wasn't good at it. Within the last couple of years he began doi g so like he knows what he is talking about. Maybe he has a tutor.
Or maybe after 20 or so years doing it he feels he is getting better

I dont really trust Sam with player evaluations or X's and O's. He used to admit he basically wasn't good at it. Within the last couple of years he began doi g so like he knows what he is talking about. Maybe he has a tutor.
I've thought the exact same things. He used to seem clueless, but now he at least comes across as credible, and he often drops an observation or nugget of wisdom that seems too good to have originated with him. It's possible that he has a low-level staffer in the program who is feeding him info off the record that the staff likes him to share.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he meant to say "best OLB film".

I didn't see the article, but perhaps he meant best looking film of the guys they are going for this January still? I could see that.

I didn't see the article, but perhaps he meant best looking film of the guys they are going for this January still? I could see that.
I didn't read the article at all, but that's how I understood it because that made sense to me logically.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back