• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bunchie

My point is...nobody is beating AM out as long as he is a Husker. Redshirting gives Luke two years to take over the reigns his jr. And sr. Season.
And my point is simple, we have seen our backups in action and if Martinez goes down, we are in serious trouble, the dropoff is simply huge.

And my point is simple, we have seen our backups in action and if Martinez goes down, we are in serious trouble, the dropoff is simply huge.
I never said it wouldn't be huge. Lol. Interestingly, that was my original statement in this thread. If AM goes down, we don't win the west...with any of our backups. Period. So why burn a redshirt of a player we consider AM's heir apparent who is not ready for the B1G to start? Doesn't make sense on any level

Last edited:
Assuming Martinez is around for 3 more seasons, and assuming LM can provide immediate and significant WR help, I think it would be worth it.

If he's no better than, say, your #5 receiver, then maybe not.

Can he be a top flight kick/punt returner? That's pretty valuable, too.
Why would you assume he would pass on the draft after winning a heisman and NC as a junior?

I'm honestly hoping that his nickname is truly not "Bunchie". That is every bit as bad or worse, than "ScoFro". Make 'em both go away please(those craptastic nicknames).

I’m really struggling with this thread. Noah Vedral has a 75% completion percentage at UCF and a rating north of 150 in 6 games played. If those stats transfer in from another player for 2019, all of a sudden no one is worried about QB depth. But since he played with the 4th string offense in the spring game where they ran trick plays, or was pulled off the practice squad midseason and hadn’t been working with the receivers, he isn’t good?

May want to let this one play out and worry about spots we actually are not in good shape at.

I’m really struggling with this thread. Noah Vedral has a 75% completion percentage at UCF and a rating north of 150 in 6 games played. If those stats transfer in from another player for 2019, all of a sudden no one is worried about QB depth. But since he played with the 4th string offense in the spring game where they ran trick plays, or was pulled off the practice squad midseason and hadn’t been working with the receivers, he isn’t good?

May want to let this one play out and worry about spots we actually are not in good shape at.

I think a lot of depth will appear next year when more guys get more reps with the upper parts of the depth chart. this year the coaches were doing their best just to get one group of guys enough reps to play the way they wanted in the offense (and D for that matter) and I don't think Vedral (who wasn't even allowed to play in a game for quite a while) was getting the kind or reps needed to get him ready to play.

Like you said, let's let it play out and see more this spring. He played well for Frost at UCF, but had been there a long time and got reps with the guys around him. I think he'll look much better this spring

Last edited:

I think a lot of depth will appear next year when more guys get more reps with the upper parts of the depth chart. this year the coaches were doing their best just to get one group of guys enough reps to play the way they wanted in the offense (and D for that matter) and I don't think Vedral (who wasn't even allowed to play in a game for quite a while) was getting the kind or reps needed to get him ready to play.

Like you said, let's let it play out and see more this spring. He played well for Frost at UCF, but had been there a long time and got reps with the guys around him. I think he'll look much better this spring
All probably true. If we have a freshman all-American anywhere else in the future, I’ll celebrate it and not worry about who is backing him up in case he goes down. We have positions where we don’t even know if the starter is going to be good we should probably be worrying about.

But I get why people are talking about in. Just in my opinion 95% of the teams in college football are screwed if their starter goes down.

Assuming Martinez is around for 3 more seasons, and assuming LM can provide immediate and significant WR help, I think it would be worth it.

If he's no better than, say, your #5 receiver, then maybe not.

Can he be a top flight kick/punt returner? That's pretty valuable, too.

Now that we are no longer bickering about Bo Thill you do make a lot of sense.

Yep...the Vedral bashing really perplexes me.

Now that we are no longer bickering about Bo Thill you do make a lot of sense.
No chance Scott or Mario let him play any other position next year. Focus will be development for the position he was recruited for....and he needs a lot of it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back