• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Don't be ridiculous.

-Hot young coach
-exciting new-fangled offense
-finished 4-2 and looked good doing it
-Hot young QB
-exciting young WR
-exciting young RB
-weak divsion/conference ripe for picking
-no one in the media cares about defense
-large aging fan base with lots of disposable income for magazines

There are all kinds of reasons why Nebraska should be rated in nearly every pre-season poll.

Last edited:
Don't be ridiculous.

-Hot young coach
-Hot young QB
-exciting young WR
-exciting young RB

There are all kinds of reasons why Nebraska should be rated in nearly every pre-season poll.
I especially like the aging fan base with lots of disposable income...it explains why The Embassy Suites is charging nearly $600.00 a night for the Ohio State game.It could also explain the length of the sell out streak during Riley’s tenure.

Last edited:
Don't be ridiculous.

-Hot young coach
-Hot young QB
-exciting young WR
-exciting young RB

I am stunned. Scratching my head. This is a really accurate post.:thumbsup:

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...pn-college-football-way-too-early-top-25-2019

this is the third one "ranking" us next year. I don't care how we finished this year, or what our trajectory is. The fact remains we have twice as many losses over the past two year than wins. We have zero business receiving a single vote impo.

It’s a pre-season poll. It necessarily is based on how pundits or coaches view the current trajectory of the program. Those individuals are entitled to their personal opinions, just as you are entitled to yours. We will have to wait until fall to see who ends up being correct. We will have an opportunity to view spring ball before that. That might have an impact on how people view the team as well.

In the meantime, I’m just going to enjoy the ride and hope the optimists are correct that the trajectory of the team is on the upswing.

We are going to end up ranked in every preseason guesstimate. If you look outside the top 10 at the 11-25 rankings, it's basically anarchy. Take a look and it's a huge mess. Lots of Big Ten West teams splattered all over. Random head scratcher Pac-12 teams.

Don't be ridiculous.

-Hot young coach
-Hot young QB
-exciting young WR
-exciting young RB

Who did we beat that was really any good though? The only two victories that you might point as being decent wins, based on how teams finished, is MichSt and Minny. Those teams weren't that good IMO. Obviously, it is great that we won those four games, but then you look at some of the games we won-Illinois, for example, and other teams destroyed them and their offense. We let them score alot of points and run up and down the field. I think the big question mark for this team for this coming year is pretty much DEFENSE! Can this team make a big leap on defense, at every level. If we do, then we will be a pretty tough out for anybody we play. I could see next years team being another 5-6 win team or a 10 win team. So many variables, but I am hopeful that the defense is good at creating turnovers and making some big stops when it matters. This team is definitely pointing upward though, which is good.

Last edited:
Who did we beat that was really any good though? The only two victories that you might point as being decent wins, based on how teams finished, is MichSt and Minny. Those teams weren't that good IMO. Obviously, it is great that we won those four games, but then you look at some of the games we won-Illinois, for example, and other teams destroyed them and their offense. We let them score alot of points and run up and down the field. I think the big question mark for this team for this coming year is pretty much DEFENSE! Can this team make a big leap on defense, at every level. If we do, then we will be a pretty tough out for anybody we play. I could see next years team being another 5-6 win team or a 10 win team. So many variables, but I am hopeful that the defense is good at creating turnovers and making some big stops when it matters. This team is definitely pointing upward though, which is good.

Who did UCF beat that was really any good and where did they finish :Biggrin:

Who did we beat that was really any good though? The only two victories that you might point as being decent wins, based on how teams finished, is MichSt and Minny. Those teams weren't that good IMO. Obviously, it is great that we won those four games, but then you look at some of the games we won-Illinois, for example, and other teams destroyed them and their offense. We let them score alot of points and run up and down the field. I think the big question mark for this team for this coming year is pretty much DEFENSE! Can this team make aa big leap on defense, at every level. If we do, then we will be a pretty tough out for anybody we play.
You're going too deep...we are talking about preseason rankings and how they are chosen...not rocket science. No one cares who we beat in that 4-2 streak...they may have watched us compete well with TOSU and IOWA...the games we LOST and that along with 4 other recent wins looked pretty darned good. For a nay-saying negative nellie type...yeah, we stunk no matter what we did, right?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back