• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tyler Trent passed away

Just watched this tribute...hard to hold back tears.

The toughness, determination, and positive attitude that Tyler displayed during his battle should be a lesson to all of us. We all have challenges in our lives...I hope I can learn to confront the challenges in my life with the same positive spirit as Tyler displayed.

Thoughts/prayers to Tyler and his family. May we never forget all the lessons you taught us.

Last edited:

I just came from a viewing of a twenty-three-year-old local athlete, who we saw grow up as a child. Seems he died in an accident and I don't know if it was skiing or biking but nothing was said how he died.

Last edited:
I just came from a viewing of a twenty-three-year-old local athlete, who we saw grow up as a child. Seems he died in an accident and I don't know if it was skiing or biking but nothing was said how he died.
I'm not trying to morbidly speculate about your acquaintance, so please don't take it that way. I teach at a school in a community with an abhorrent death rate for the young. Based on my experiences, if nobody is forthcoming about the cause of an unexpected death in a young person, it is usually either suicide or an overdose. Alcohol-caused/influenced accidents is another, but that's usually less of a secret.

I'm not trying to morbidly speculate about your acquaintance, so please don't take it that way. I teach at a school in a community with an abhorrent death rate for the young. Based on my experiences, if nobody is forthcoming about the cause of an unexpected death in a young person, it is usually either suicide or an overdose. Alcohol-caused/influenced accidents is another, but that's usually less of a secret.

You know I had the same thought, but later on, rereading the obituary, it read, please don't send flowers, please send money to some kind of a concussion organization so I thought maybe the concussion came from a bike or skiing accident.

I hope I was right and you were wrong, naturally. Maybe someday I'll find out.

He was very very active, but I get your point.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back