• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3-Star Georgia DBs Tavian Mayo and Jamel Starks

Could only assume that would increase our chances of getting him yeah?

Not in my opinion. Sounds like a kid waiting for other offers. Nebraska has liked him and been recruiting him hard for a while. If he were sold, he'd be signing. He's visited NC State and West Virginia these last couple weeks. Glass half full, at least he'll still be on the market and Nebraska can make him a priority in January.

There always seem to be a couple of surprises nationally, maybe someone doesn't sign and is still considering schools. I wonder if there will be anyone that we have been courting that might be a surprise?

Not in my opinion. Sounds like a kid waiting for other offers. Nebraska has liked him and been recruiting him hard for a while. If he were sold, he'd be signing. He's visited NC State and West Virginia these last couple weeks. Glass half full, at least he'll still be on the market and Nebraska can make him a priority in January.

Agree, this isn't a good sign for NU.

It always seems like these two are looking for the better offer. Although I'd like to have both, I really question whether their hearts are in it when it comes to being all N
That was my thought as well.

Based on that particular article it would seem like we have a shot at one of them. Given we have other needs (WR, LB, NG) I don't know if the coaching staff would make room for both of them. Especially if Palo-Gates is on board.

Last edited:
That was my thought as well.

Based on that particular article it would seem like we have a shot at one of them. Given we have other needs (WR, LB, NG) I don't know if the coaching staff would make room for of them both. Especially if Palo-Gates is on board.

Pola-Gates + 1 (Starks, Mayo, DJ James)

Like you said, other spots to fill.

If you get Gates, a WR and LB, I'm almost satisfied with that, though James could be that other guy. I'm just not convinced that either Starks or Mayo want to be here. And like most have said, if you aren't happy with your decision,chances are you won't stick.

Take Pola-Gates and one, like you said. But someone has to want to be here like others said, or it will never work out.

Seems like Starks and Mayo would prefer to stay in the South or SEC. I don't understand the visits to Louisville and Colorado State. Just doesn't make sense what's going on with his recruiting and what he's saying. I think there's more to this deal, but I don't know what.

That article doesn't give any sense that Starks wants to be at NU. To visit 2 schools for the stated purpose of "seeing if they will offer" doesn't make him too appealing in my opinion. He may be a player, but if anyone close to him in evaluations showed a little interest, i'd be going in that direction.

If a player doesn't want to come here, he wouldn't come here. Nobody holds a gun to a recruits head or anything. When they sign, it is their choice. Yes they might leave or transfer if it doesn't work out

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back