• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Next Season Adrian Martinez

He is a really good QB, just like Turner Gill or Tommie Frazier. Neither won a Heisman or went pro in football. I don’t see it for AM either. He is good enough to take us all the way though. Will the rest of the team be up to that level?

completions 4% higher, 3 less int. 5 more td passes, 40 yds per game MORE passing than last yr. A couple less fumbles, and stay healthy.

If the defense can give up 50 yd less per game, and 4-5 pts less per game, we'll be headed to the top 10.

These arent MAJOR improvements, but they seem achievable and would go a long way goward a 10-2 season

He is a really good QB, just like Turner Gill or Tommie Frazier. Neither won a Heisman or went pro in football. I don’t see it for AM either. He is good enough to take us all the way though. Will the rest of the team be up to that level?
You already don't see AM making it the pro's after his first season as a true freshman? :Rolf::Rolf:
He's a mirror image of Mahomes for KC who's not doing to badly... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Why do people feel the need to proclaim AM a future Heisman winner or to the best professional QB’s? Let his career unfold naturally.
How about "possible" Heisman..... Does that help you out? On the other hand why would anyone say AM won't be a NFL QB? Where did ANYONE say AM would be the BEST professional QB? Wasn't in my post except to say he reminds me of Mahomes.

You already don't see AM making it the pro's after his first season as a true freshman? :Rolf::Rolf:
He's a mirror image of Mahomes for KC who's not doing to badly... :rolleyes:
How exactly is he a mirror image of Mahomes? AM had a great year, but is still a good dual threat QB where as Mahomes isn’t going to scare many with his feet at all.

Two totally different playing styles. He would be more like Deshaun Watson if anything.

How exactly is he a mirror image of Mahomes? AM had a great year, but is still a good dual threat QB where as Mahomes isn’t going to scare many with his feet at all.

Two totally different playing styles. He would be more like Deshaun Watson if anything.
AM has the natural ability to make plays where there aren't any plays... same as Mahomes. That's something that can't be taught. Mahomes has almost 300 rushing yds with a 4.5 average. That's a pretty decent running QB imo. Obviously KC minimizes his running to avoid injuries. He's also aprox the same size but a little bigger at 6'3" 230 and is FAST! So I guess we'll just disagree on what we see.......

AM has the natural ability to make plays where there aren't any plays... same as Mahomes. That's something that can't be taught. Mahomes has almost 300 rushing yds with a 4.5 average. That's a pretty decent running QB imo. Obviously KC minimizes his running to avoid injuries. He's also aprox the same size but a little bigger at 6'3" 230 and is FAST! So I guess we'll just disagree on what we see.......

Mahomes also has one of the most talented arms ever seen in the NFL....AM had a very good year, but his arm talent isn't at the same level yet, and most likely will never be there. Not a knock, as there are probably only 2-3 people who would be in that class.

Mahomes also has one of the most talented arms ever seen in the NFL....AM had a very good year, but his arm talent isn't at the same level yet, and most likely will never be there. Not a knock, as there are probably only 2-3 people who would be in that class.
That was kind of my point as well...

AM had a VERY good year for us as a true freshman, but an average season by all accounts. If he progresses physically and mentally each year, boy will we be in good shape. I'm just hesitant to compare him to someone who was always near 5,000 passing yards in college and just threw for 50 touchdowns in the NFL

Totally different player than Gill or Frazier. I imagine if TG played today he'd have a good shot at playing in the NFL. Tommie wouldn't. Martinez absolutely has a chance.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back