• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NHL 2018/2019 Season

Two future Hall Of Fame goalies playing like it today.. Lindquist v Fleury

Pittsburgh blew it treating Fleury like they did. I said it then and say it now

Two future Hall Of Fame goalies playing like it today.. Lindquist v Fleury

Pittsburgh blew it treating Fleury like they did. I said it then and say it now

Hindsight is great. While I didn't like it at the time, everything I read said it was the right move by Pittsburgh.

Video from a Chicago game,

Hindsight is great. While I didn't like it at the time, everything I read said it was the right move by Pittsburgh.

Video from a Chicago game,

No hindsight on my part. I told you at the time it was bad move. Sullivan blew it plain and simple at the time and its been proven out since then

Murray is a nice goalie but not a special player like Fleury. Should finish his career with 500+ wins and a spot in the HOF

Not to mention they got nothing for him which is baffling. Teams like the Wild would have been excited to get him

Last edited:
No hindsight on my part. I told you at the time it was bad move. Sullivan blew it plain and simple at the time and its been proven out since then

Murray is a nice goalie but not a special player like Fleury. Should finish his career with 500+ wins and a spot in the HOF

Not to mention they got nothing for him which is baffling. Teams like the Wild would have been excited to get him

I think it is hindsight, you have a goalie that is 10 years younger, has won 2 Stanley cups and was cheaper than Fleury. I am not saying you are wrong but I am saying that I understand in today's 'hockey world' why Pittsburgh did it. The following articles are a bit old, but the last one explains they could only protect one goalie and the first two kind of explain why they protected Murray.

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/penguins-make-right-choice-fleury-murray/

https://sports.vice.com/en_ca/article/bjg3bv/murray-over-fleury-was-a-move-the-penguins-had-to-make

https://www.nhl.com/news/penguins-could-lose-murray-fleury-las-vegas/c-281009458

WJC starts today. 4 Rangers prospects. Kratzov for Russia and Miller for USA the main ones to keep an eye on at this point.

Chris Krieder having a mammoth season with 19 goals in 36 games. Projects to 40+ goals this year. Has had a very good career and hopefully is making step to great this season. At 27 sitting on 124 goals in 244 games. Last years blood clot scare slowed him down just a bit.

Rangers play the Pens on NBCSN tonight which means:

i9tdrpnpo6wqt.gif

Canada shocked in the last minute as Finland tied the game 1-1 and then went on to win in OT in the 2019 IIHF World Jr Championship QTR Final.

USA was a favorite but has to be the favorite now

Canada shocked in the last minute as Finland tied the game 1-1 and then went on to win in OT in the 2019 IIHF World Jr Championship QTR Final.

USA was a favorite but has to be the favorite now

Between this one and the Swiss beating the Swedes, it'll be an interesting semi-final. Too bad the US got Russia. That'll be a tough game.

Between this one and the Swiss beating the Swedes, it'll be an interesting semi-final. Too bad the US got Russia. That'll be a tough game.
Rangers prospect Kratzov is looking really good for Russia. Miller for USA is another prospect that is going to be a good one but will need a few years to be ready for the NHL.

Agree Russia is a tough match up for the US but things are getting pretty wild in this tournament.

Yup it will be a tough game best two teams left

USA peaking right now should be interesting for sure

Canadians booing the USA last night was a hoot too

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back