• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The CFP sucks!

It would be cheaper and more fun to infiltrate the university and the football program with prescription painkillers and prostitutes and watch the football program collapse under it’s own weight. There might be something illegal about that, though.......
Painkillers and prostitutes are most likely already Bama's major recruiting strategy.....:Lol:

Last edited:

Bama and Clemson are the 2 best teams this year. I am fine with that match up.

I am too. I understand what the OP is saying - there have been some really bad bowl games this year (always are, always will be), and they pretty much seem meaningless, but Bama and Clemson are playing in the game that should be played this year.

Here is the thing. While I get your point...….most of the fans wanting the 8 team playoff don't want the best teams in anyway as they want to put automatic qualifiers in there. Their assertation is that Georgia already had their chance and if they can't win their conference why should they be playing for a National Championship.
EVERY team sport, pro and college, has a playoff in which more teams than just Division winners make it. So why is Div 1 football the only sport where people whine about it? A playoff should have more than just Conference winners in it in a sport like Div 1 football that has so many teams in it. To limit it to 4 teams is ridiculous just because of the number of teams and conferences in it. I wouldn’t want it to be like the 68 team basketball tourney, but it should certainly be 8 teams at a minimum. I don’t know why they just didn’t do that from the get-go when they expanded to the CFP. If 4-5* recruits see more teams making it, they would probably expand their lists of teams to go to also, thereby making more teams competitive.

Last edited:
841DD100-C90C-40D8-8D9C-2A2C59695150.jpeg
Painkillers and prostitutes are most likely already Bama's major recruiting strategy.....:Lol:

I'd love to see a report/analysis on exactly why all those 5* players chose Alabama over so many other great schools. How does Alabama manage to continually grab 1 to 3 ranked classes year after year? I've been to Tuscaloosa and it's not exactly a garden spot location for college football. There are many many locations with much nicer everything imo. So what's this huge attraction? We have 5* QB's piled on top of 5* QB's. Jalen Hurts was 24-2 and won a NC yet was replaced this year by another 5* yet decided NOT to transfer? So what's the big attraction for him to sit on the bench while he could probably start for most college teams?

Interesting questions which I believe will eventually get answered much to the chagrin of Alabama....

The answer is that Nick Saban is the best recruiter in college football history. He knows it too. When he was hired, he relayed to the press what he said to the ‘Bama AD: “You hired a crap football coach, but nobody will out recruit me.”

Immediately prior to Saban, Shula never had a top 10 class, and his first class was #49.

Last edited:

Whatever it is, this is the first year I have had almost no interest in watching the Top four play each other. Part of it was my negative reaction to the excessive advertising by ESPN of those games, but part of it was that I simply didn't care much who won. I was much more into some of the other bowl games. So based on a sample of one, the lure has deminished.

Probably the Peach Bowl. I'm guessing. I don't remember either.

No, the old, old system.

SEC champ locked into Sugar Bowl. I don't recall where the ACC champ was locked into--Gator? Peach?

Nobody cared about the ACC until Florida State joined it in '92. Before that, it was rare that an ACC champion mattered. Clemson in '81 and Georgia Tech in '90 are about it, and Nebraska played them both times: Orange Bowl in '82 and Florida Citrus in '91.

The Southwest Conference used to be locked into the Cotton Bowl, so let's give that to the Big 12 and let the ACC have the Orange Bowl. The Rose can still be the B1G and the Pac 12. Pick two teams to play for the NC after those games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back