• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former QB...Jablonski is N

It's always the athlete with no position that the trick play statement gets thrown out there. I'd rather have my best athletes on the field and then set up the D with a trick play...thank you very much. ;):Cool:

It's always the athlete with no position that the trick play statement gets thrown out there. I'd rather have my best athletes on the field and then set up the D with a trick play...thank you very much. ;):Cool:
I hate trick plays. Always seem like an act of desperation

I hate trick plays. Always seem like an act of desperation
I love trick plays. Trick plays are an act of out coaching ones opponent, not an act of desperation, but thinking outside the box.

Great Football teams (like most team sports) usually have great athletes, great execution, and great coaching.

Boise State beat OU in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl with inferior athletes, but superior coaching, and that counts just as much.

Football is not just a game of 'out muscle-ing' or 'out running' or 'out passing' your opponent, but also 'out smarting' your opponent.

That's why I think Football is the most popular sport in the America. It's a game of both brains and brawn where the apparent under dog can prove everybody wrong.

Last edited:
The first one was Frank's play. Sometimes they are successful but still don't like them
I will admit that when they do not work they are ugly. However, what they do is keep the D honest. The Bouncerooski for instance punishes a d for keeping 8 or 9 in the box.

I love trick plays. Trick plays are an act of out coaching ones opponent, not an act of desperation, but thinking outside the box.

Great Football teams (like most team sports) usually have great athletes, great execution, and great coaching.

Boise State beat OU in the 2007 Fiesta Bow....

I love them also. It’s a risk/reward thing at times, but once an OC has put a so-called “trick play” on film, then every opposing DC has to account for the possibility of that play and/or a variation of it. Anything that gives a creative OC flexibility and options also increases a DCs headache factor.

And that play Chris Peterson worked up was a thing of beauty. The memory of that play at that time in a game that big still to this day puts a smile on my face.

Last edited:

Broadest definition of a trick play: Any Iowa play designed to get more than 3 yards and a dust cloud.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back