• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

11-1. Here's how we get there next year.

Hville

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
Win the games you are favored in. I predicted 6-6 this year just based on which games we would enter as the favorites. Yes we lost a couple others. But looking at next year.

Southern Alabama favored and win 1-0
Colorado favored and win 2-0 This could be a tight line though being in Colorado.
Northern Ill favored and win 3-0
Illinois favored and win 4-0
Ohio State underdog and lose 4-1
Northwestern favored and win 5-1 Northwestern is likely to have 2-3 losses coming into our game.
Minnesota favored and win 6-1
Indiana favored and win 7-1
Purdue favored and win 8-1 Purdue will have played TCU, Penn State and Iowa.
Wisconsin favored and win 9-1 Wiscy will have played Mich, Mich State, Iowa, tOSU, Iowa
Maryland favored and win 10-1
Iowa favored and win 11-1 Iowa will have played Mich, penn state, purdue, NW, Wiscy

Home schedule in Red. Very favorable.

Win the games you are favored in. I predicted 6-6 this year just based on which games we would enter as the favorites. Yes we lost a couple others. But looking at next year.

Colorado favored and win 2-0 This could be a tight line though being in Colorado.
Northwestern favored and win 5-1 Northwestern is likely to have 2-3 losses coming into our game.
Wisconsin favored and win 9-1 Wiscy will have played Mich, Mich State, Iowa, tOSU, Iowa
Iowa favored and win 11-1 Iowa will have played Mich, penn state, purdue, NW, Wiscy

Nice to see Iowa with some actual tough crossover games for once.

So Wisky plays Iowa twice but Iowa only plays Wisky once? JK

Pretty good list. The one thing that keeps nagging in my head is tOSU. Who really knows what they will look like next year? Yeah they are talented. Coaching and buy in? Who knows? I think there are a few in there that will be tough wins. NoIll, NWU, Indy. All could be tough outs.

Pretty good list. The one thing that keeps nagging in my head is tOSU. Who really knows what they will look like next year? Yeah they are talented. Coaching and buy in? Who knows? I think there are a few in there that will be tough wins. NoIll, NWU, Indy. All could be tough outs.

Two-loss regular season for Buckeyes, and the new coach will be on the hotseat.

Here is the thing.....I'm not saying the games are easy or not tough outs. I'm just showing a speculative route to 11-1 based on who is likely to be the favorite at the time and assuming all the favorites always win. We know that isn't the case.

Here is the thing.....I'm not saying the games are easy or not tough outs. I'm just showing a speculative route to 11-1 based on who is likely to be the favorite at the time and assuming all the favorites always win. We know that isn't the case.

Looks reasonable and possible. I agree with you that the home schedule is set up nice for us next year. I also agree that tOSU may be more vulnerable depending on the intangibles.

It will be really interesting to see how well Frost fills the holes left by Ziggy, Stan and other seniors. It will be equally intriguing to see if injured players (that we didn't see and/or were not at 100%) contribute at a high level for the whole season.

If Frost & Co. show development (of players and of the coaches themselves), and we avoid some of the bad luck that hit us early in year one, I really like our chance for a dramatically improved record for Frost's year two.

:Gobigred::frost::Ironn:

Last edited:
Looks reasonable and possible. I agree with you that the home schedule is set up nice for us next year. I also agree that tOSU may be more vulnerable depending on the intangibles.

It will be really interesting to see how well Frost fills the holes left by Ziggy, Stan and other seniors. It will be equally intriguing to see if injured players (that we didn't see and/or were not at 100%) contribute at a high level for the whole season.

If Frost & Co. show development (of players and of the coaches themselves), and we avoid some of the bad luck that hit us early in year one, I really like our chance for a dramatically improved record for Frost's year two.

:Gobigred::frost::Ironn:
We certainly have to fill some holes but if we keep AM healthy and we win the games we are supposed to......its there. Now I'm not going on record predicting 11-1 because its a rarity that teams are winning all the games they are supposed to win. Especially in the B1G

I don't see it happening, but I love your optimism.

We certainly have to fill some holes but if we keep AM healthy and we win the games we are supposed to......its there. Now I'm not going on record predicting 11-1 because its a rarity that teams are winning all the games they are supposed to win. Especially in the B1G

Seems to me there's little basis for predicting we're favored in 11 games except that persistent sense of entitlement (call it optimism, if you prefer) that pervades most Husker fans when predicting wins and losses.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back