• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This thread might not be for everyone.

I think it will take at least one more of teaching the system, recruiting and strength/conditioning before I get comfortable in saying anyone is a win, except Rutgers.

Iowa never gets that schedule for some reason. Wisky and Nebraska seem to take turns getting the loaded crossover slate.
They do get Michigan, nu, wisco and nebraska on the road and Psu at home. That could go south for them fairly easily.

They do get Michigan, nu, wisco and nebraska on the road and Psu at home. That could go south for them fairly easily.

At least Iowa is playing two of the "big four" from the East next year. Could be my imagination, but it seems like they usually get a heavy dose of Rutgers / Maryland / Indiana on crossovers.

Until something changes with the haves (Ohio St., Penn St., Michigan, Michigan St.) and have-nots (Indiana, Maryland, Rutgers) in the East, no West team should have to play three of the "haves" in the same season. Not a fan of "death schedules", especially when it is unbalanced.

Iowa never gets that schedule for some reason. Wisky and Nebraska seem to take turns getting the loaded crossover slate.

I thought I saw a new schedule set-up from the B1G starting in a couple of years that gave each team a designated opponent from the other division for 4-5 straight years. Nebraska drew Penn State while Iowa drew Rutgers....:Facepalm:

I thought I saw a new schedule set-up from the B1G starting in a couple of years that gave each team a designated opponent from the other division for 4-5 straight years. Nebraska drew Penn State while Iowa drew Rutgers....:Facepalm:
How the heck did Rutgers get such an easy draw? :Banghead::Banghead::Banghead::Biggrin:

Could you post the link to that? I'd like to see that schedule because if true that is a freaken pile of crap imo....

Could you post the link to that? I'd like to see that schedule because if true that is a freaken pile of crap imo....
https://dailyiowan.com/2018/08/29/iowa-footballs-future-schedules-released/ I doubt this is the link he was referring to but...…..It looks like they do have them 4 straight years starting in 22. They haven't announced any years after that so I guess its possible it could be even more than 4. During those same 4 years our permanent cross over is Michigan.

You should check out their 24 schedule. Their crossover games are against Rutgers, Maryland and Indiana. They also have Wisconsin and Nebraska at home. Can you get any easier of a schedule? That same year we have to play at Michigan, at Penn State, at Wisconsin, at Iowa and at Northwestern. They do give us a break and let us have Ohio State at home.

Last edited:

Iowa doesn't have the cache to get the marquee games. B1G knows where the interest is, but unfortunately that makes schedules for NU that much tougher.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back