• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten bound?

Texas is a cancer. OU would be a great add but they've hitched their boomer schooner to the horns so it's hard to imagine them joining unless it's as a package deal. UT might bring a lot of TV's but is it worth the trouble they bring?

NO......NO it isn't worth it. It would be the eventual end of the BIG X...they have killed 2 already. They are looking for a hat trick.

The idea the TEXASS dirtbags would be willing to play Oklahoma and a resurgent Nebraska every year is laughable...
I hate Texas as much as the next guy, but let's be serious. If you are Texas, you'd LOVE to play Nebraska every year. Closest thing to an automatic win they are going to find.

I hate Texas as much as the next guy, but let's be serious. If you are Texas, you'd LOVE to play Nebraska every year. Closest thing to an automatic win they are going to find.

Closest thing to an automatic win they WERE going to find......

So you honestly don't believe SF and company are up to the task of beating TEXASS? Really... I hope Nebraska gets the chance to prove that notion wrong real soon..........

You gotta think about the long-term ramifications of this. Grabbing OU and Texas is as much preemptive as it is expansionist. Yes, it's a great financial move, but it's also an SEC-killing move. If the Big Ten DOESN'T grab OU and Texas, guess what? The SEC will.
Out of curiosity.....why would the SEC going to 16 force the B1G to do it too?

So you honestly don't believe SF and company are up to the task of beating TEXASS? Really.
I don't believe Texas believes Nebraska can beat them. And for good reason. It's been 20 years. Even Osborne couldn't beat them. We're jinxed.

Tuck Texas.

I would take every OTHER member of the B12, plus any independent, or any other school over TU.

Texas should have conference independence forced upon them. (Basically, every conference turning thier back on them. See also: ostercized.)

Overall…..if we were going to 16 which I don't understand...….bringing in OU and Texas would put the B1G at the top of perceived strengths. I'm not sure I understand the need to be at 16 and divisions of 8 when you create such a disconnect between the two divisions due to rarely playing them. It would actually feel like two separate conferences where we are stuck playing Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State type teams like we did in the Big 8. There would only be two cross over games so you would average playing a Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State once every 4 years. I'm just not sure we would feel like we are in the B1G but rather a left over big 12.

Now the second part of that is in spite of how good it would look......I just hate Texas and don't want to be part of them.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back