• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten bound?

Um...not to Texas. OK to OU and someone else. I don't think Texas makes a move if it can help it. They are in control. OU and Kansas is an idea but Kansas football is about as bad as there is in P5 football. Not many TV's except for the BBall program. I think OU-Notre Dame is the ticket...but doubtful ND every aligns with anyone.

I don’t think the B1G gets OU without Texas. Adding Kansas would be a dud. BBall doesn’t drive realignment and the B1G has enough BBall power without them.

And people here hate Texas now, if this were to pass Texas would get a sweet deal. Far sweeter than the deal that Nebraska got. They’d probably be offered a full share right out of the gate.

Last edited:
If OU makes a move, Texas will probably be forced to move as well. A Big XII without OU becomes a conference of one giant and a bunch of dwarves, which isn't going to be appealing to the broadcast networks. So the question may be: does OU force Texas' hand? Boren has implied in the past that they might, but he's retiring, so who knows.

Edit: Boren has retired.

Last edited:

Works for me as long as we have a clause in our contract with the B1G that if Texas is let in we can withdraw with no penalty. Once we pull out we can go back to the Big XII without having Texas in the conference.

Easy peasy.

Id like to see what a OU , Texas would look like...not too happy with texas , but OU, there is rivalry there...still....just my opinion...hope its looked into more...

Works for me as long as we have a clause in our contract with the B1G that if Texas is let in we can withdraw with no penalty. Once we pull out we can go back to the Big XII without having Texas in the conference.

Easy peasy.

Universities almost always follow the money. Seems unlikely.

Um...not to Texas. OK to OU and someone else. I don't think Texas makes a move if it can help it. They are in control. OU and Kansas is an idea but Kansas football is about as bad as there is in P5 football. Not many TV's except for the BBall program. I think OU-Notre Dame is the ticket...but doubtful ND every aligns with anyone.

The one thing that gives hope for KU is Les Miles. He's played a brand of football that kind of works with the B1G. I'd also mention they wouldn't be any worse than Rutgers, and they do bring an amazing BBall program into the mix.

The one thing that gives hope for KU is Les Miles. He's played a brand of football that kind of works with the B1G. I'd also mention they wouldn't be any worse than Rutgers, and they do bring an amazing BBall program into the mix.

The big issue is money. They don't add many TV sets. They don't have a huge base of alumni. So adding them to the conference is probably a net loss in terms of revenue per team.

If this were to happen it would be great for B1G baseball. Not the driver at all but sure would be a plus.

And people here hate Texas now, if this were to pass Texas would get a sweet deal. Far sweeter than the deal that Nebraska got. They’d probably be offered a full share right out of the gate.

and a "no horns down" clause for every conference game :Rolleyes:

jwj-UT-Fans-3.jpg

If the Big Ten was going to poach the Big 12, I'd rather have them steal Kansas and OU. It'd keep the conference more geographically connected, and we'd be getting one football blueblood and and one basketball blueblood. And like everyone else has pointed out, Texas doesn't have a good track record with the Big 12.
I'd be happy with this. And we could add Texas as a non conference game every now and then. We'd get the pleasure of exacting some revenge without worrying about them ruining our conference.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back