• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-Star All-Purpose RB Wandale Robinson is N! Named To Kentucky All-USA First Team

With the new redshirt rules, there's the ink and the first five games. Not that a kid can't still pull the trigger and transfer, but it becomes a much bigger ordeal after that redshirt window passes.

It seems as if the days of singing day being the end of the suspense are over.
The redshirt thing really doesn't have an impact.

If a kid plays 4 games next year and decides he wants to transfer....he still has to sit the rest of the year and the entire 2020 season as well so he is better off just playing the whole 2019 season and then leaving...which is really no different than things have always been. The exception being if they can find a school (like org st) that hasn't started classes yet but that will be a tough find 4 games into the season.

Last edited:
We will find the highest and best use of Mo Wash, but I don't think many would describe him as a prototypical B1G RB unless Zach Duvall is a magician this winter and spring. Certainly this year, Mo could not have taken the pounding. I know he's young, I know he can put on weight. I think we were lucky to get through this year without a major injury to Mo. I see him more as the so-called Duck R guy as well - heck, that backfield gets too crowded, as good an athlete as he is, they'll find a place for him for sure. He could be the Lightening to Mill's Thunder, I hope.
For the record I could see a set up with JD at a WO, Wandale in the Duck R, and Mo at Running back along with one more WR. In that set up who do you double team? They would all be 1-1. Whoa...I think I just swooned.

We will find the highest and best use of Mo Wash, but I don't think many would describe him as a prototypical B1G RB unless Zach Duvall is a magician this winter and spring. Certainly this year, Mo could not have taken the pounding. I know he's young, I know he can put on weight. I think we were lucky to get through this year without a major injury to Mo. I see him more as the so-called Duck R guy as well - heck, that backfield gets too crowded, as good an athlete as he is, they'll find a place for him for sure.

I doubt Frost has any intention of using Maurice Washington as a Duck-R. He’s talked quite often about getting him over 200 lbs so he can hold up better at RB.

They recruit a prototype for the Duck-R and he’s not it. Spielman, Wandale Robinson, Miles Jones, Mazour - all similar builds, similar skill sets.

For the record I could see a set up with JD at a WO, Wandale in the Duck R, and Mo at Running back along with one more WR. In that set up who do you double team? They would all be 1-1. Whoa...I think I just swooned.

I think we see JD Spielman at WR much more often this year. I’m sure they’ll do whatever they can to put as many explosive players on the field at one time.

I doubt Frost has any intention of using Maurice Washington as a Duck-R. He’s talked quite often about getting him over 200 lbs so he can hold up better at RB.

They recruit a prototype for the Duck-R and he’s not it. Spielman, Wandale Robinson, Miles Jones, Mazour - all similar builds, similar skill sets.

I'm sure you are right. Fortunately, he's too good to keep off the field, and more than any offensive staff we've had for years, the Frost-Walters-Held-Austin-Beckton groupthink will most definitely find a way to maximize Mo's talent. I just don't think he's going to be a jackhammer like Ozigbo was this year, but fortunately, he's got many other strengths, too, and these coaches will capitalize on them. Mo runs around guys; Ziggy could run through them...

Last edited:
I'm sure you are right. Fortunately, he's too good to keep off the field, and more than any offensive staff we've had for years, the Frost-Walters-Held-Austin-Beckton groupthink will most definitely find a way to maximize Mo's talent. I just don't think he's going to be a jackhammer like Ozigbo was this year, but fortunately, he's got many other strengths, too, and these coaches will capitalize on them. Mo runs around guys; Ziggy could run through them...

Agreed that Washington is not the bruising replacement for Ozigbo. That will be Mills task this year, but Washington will still be relied upon as back that can run between the tackles.

I think you will see an ever increasing amount of wheel routes out of the backfield for Washington. He has great hands and once he has secured the ball in space he is dynamic!

I think you will see an ever increasing amount of wheel routes out of the backfield for Washington. He has great hands and once he has secured the ball in space he is dynamic!

Agree. Get that guy in space and get the ball in his hands. Too, that shorter “move the sticks” pass game sets up a lot of good other stuff, and can be run in most any weather.

The redshirt thing really doesn't have an impact.

If a kid plays 4 games next year and decides he wants to transfer....he still has to sit the rest of the year and the entire 2020 season as well so he is better off just playing the whole 2019 season and then leaving...which is really no different than things have always been. The exception being if they can find a school (like org st) that hasn't started classes yet but that will be a tough find 4 games into the season.

That is something I believe really needs to change with the transfer rule. It needs to be consistent across the country IMO.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back