• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 JUCO's left to commit

• Thread starter Deleted member 4942
  • Start date

So who are his other offers? How come we haven't heard anything from him before? this is out fo left field don't you think?
Colorado (OV June 22, 2018), UCLA (OV November 30, 2018), Florida (OV December 7, 2018), Boise State, USC, Arizona, Florida Atlantic, Oregon State, San Diego State, San Jose State...

So who are his other offers? How come we haven't heard anything from him before? this is out fo left field don't you think?
To me it looks like he's had some other offers sitting there for a month or more and we are just now offering. Not all that bad in the grand scheme, but if we are looking for JUCOs to come in for spring ball, doesn't give us a lot of time to do our due diligence. And we are behind from a relationship standpoint. Gives me visions of when we would offer guys like Ernest Suttles late. Not to start a firestorm but a late offer to a JUCO where we don't have a ton of offers out previously sometimes means someone informed them they aren't coming back too. That will be interesting to watch, but i'm not aware of DEs we were worried about. So it truly could be we just need to get better there and guys like Thomas, Neal, Wilderman, and Rogers who were supposed to be developing had season ending injuries so they didn't and we need immediate help.

Last edited:

To me it looks like he's had some other offers sitting there for a month or more and we are just now offering. Not all that bad in the grand scheme, but if we are looking for JUCOs to come in for spring ball, doesn't give us a lot of time to do our due diligence. And we are behind from a relationship standpoint. Gives me visions of when we would offer guys like Ernest Suttles late. Not to start a firestorm but a late offer to a JUCO where we don't have a ton of offers out previously sometimes means someone informed them they aren't coming back too. That will be interesting to watch, but i'm not aware of DEs we were worried about. So it truly could be we just need to get better there and guys like Thomas, Neal, Wilderman, and Rogers who were supposed to be developing had season ending injuries so they didn't and we need immediate help.
Makes sense, we will definitely have some catching up to do. 2020 might be realistic year to be caught up on defense, in Relation to the offense anyway.

Wouldn’t we start hearing about guys they know are leaving fairly soon, with the season being over already?

Gives me visions of when we would offer guys like Ernest Suttles late.
giphy.gif

Sounding like Baylor for Dru Mathis. Amare Barno will probably be the juco help you get from this class.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back