• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten bound?

i wonder when espn's bad contract with texas runs out, cause when that quits paying, texas will go hunting for another cash cow, or sucker who will fall for their claims to be a good partner, texas population and tv sets are not as valuable as some conferences would be lead to believe.... there is a price to be paid for that increase in $, and its not worth it.

Last edited:
Agreed. Texas expects to run things from an administrative standpoint. They won't play second fiddle to anyone, nor will they accept having Michigan and Ohio State as equals. Oh, and there's that Longhorn Network thing.

It's hard to imagine Texas co-existing with Michigan and Ohio State (or anyone else who might dare challenge their ability to get their way on essentially everything). Texas has screwed up every conference they have ever been a part of. I would hope the B1G would proceed with extreme caution. I get the attraction of the Texas market but UT is like the beauty queen who also happens to be a psychotic $&*@%.

The LHN is a major obstacle as the BTN is not a part of the ESPN family of networks. I would think the ACC would be a more likely landing place for Texas because, if for no other reason, the ESPN connection between the LHN and ACC network would allow some contractual flexibility.

I still think the Big 12 survives as Texas' private playground where they get whatever they want. It was humorous to read SurlyHorns after the Big 12 CCG game, though, as a number of them wanted to join the PAC 12 to get away from the "biased officiating".

Last edited:
TexASS - 2.

Conferences - 0

They join the BiG X they will score a hat trick.

I do believe the BIG is smarter than that?

I hope.

Last edited:

14 team leagues are ridiculous. 16 team leagues are moreso.

Drop Rutgers and someone else if this is the case.
Teams would have 2 crossover games, soooo basically 2 conferences.
Having said that, the West conference would stack up.

If you google it, the link still shows up so there was an article there at one point. Even the google cached page has been scrubbed though, so the Big 10 Illuminati must have taken action.
Somebody floated a balloon that sank pretty fast.

Talk about increasing your chances that a B1G team will not be represented in the playoff.

If the B1G moved to 16 teams, the other conferences would follow suit in dismantling the B12. Then you'd have a 4 conference play-off set. Win your division to get into the 8 team field, beat the other conference division team to get to the Final 4, and let the conference winners duke it out for the title.

If the B1G moved to 16 teams, the other conferences would follow suit in dismantling the B12. Then you'd have a 4 conference play-off set. Win your division to get into the 8 team field, beat the other conference division team to get to the Final 4, and let the conference winners duke it out for the title.
Back to the future. With a 16 team conf, and 2 eight team divisions, we are basically back to the Big 8 with a conference tie in for a bowl game replaced by the CCG; that then feeds the CFP.

The idea the TEXASS dirtbags would be willing to play Oklahoma and a resurgent Nebraska every year is laughable...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back