• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Experts! John Bivens

36Blast

Chop Block Connoisseur
5 Year Member
What is the deal with Bivens? Was a 4* (now 3*). Did he really not play this year? Do we know why? I remember reading about him a little over a year ago. Could be a sneaky good pickup.

Edit: Mods...meant to put this in the Recruiting Forum. Please move

Last edited:
What is the deal with Bivens? Was a 4* (now 3*). Did he really not play this year? Do we know why? I remember reading about him a little over a year ago. Could be a sneaky good pickup.

Tore an ACL at the end of his Junior year. Sat out this year. Said he doesn’t care how many RBs Nebraska has already taken. Like the attitude.

Reminds me of Clinton Childs in his running posture. Yeah!

Yep, a 6'1/205 RB is always good to have if he still has decent speed.

Sign him up. I have a feeling that the talent they pull into this offense is going to keep getting sicker and sicker. I think the 2020 Class is going to end up being very good at WR and OL, too.

If we land Bivens that would mean we are signing two RBs with knee injuries and in the case of Thompkins it's his second.

If we land Bivens that would mean we are signing two RBs with knee injuries and in the case of Thompkins it's his second.
Are you just stating a fact or do you have a case against signing recruits w/ prior knee injuries?
It is concerning, though we've had recent success with JD Spielman (WR) recovering well, results aren't always that positive. It is taking a greater risk in an already risky business.

Last edited:

Did not sign with anyone

School of thought is he will go JUCO and have to prove his knee can hold up. Since he is fully qualified he can leave after one year and transfer to any four year school
Interesting.

Will he still be in play for the Huskers assuming his health is good?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back