• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Urban Meyer DONE

It sounds like the offensive coordinator Ryan Day will be / is named the new HC and not interim. Little surprised that they didn't go outside to try and find someone if this is true.

Video highlights from the press conference:

tenor.gif

Okay, I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Called it preseason. Big loss for the B1G though. He made the conference better.

I'm sure the meatchickens are happy as well. Might be able to finally win a game.
I too believe its a big loss for the B1G. Michigan fans overall know though that he has been good for the conference. Just like most of the coaches in the B1G have been. I'm just glad Nebraska finally has one that the B1G can be proud of too.

Crazy good coach. He has a questionable character, but without a doubt one of the best football minds of his generation.

As others have mentioned, I think this hurts the big tens profile. Harbaugh cannot fill Meyer's shoes.

It sounds like the offensive coordinator Ryan Day will be / is named the new HC and not interim. Little surprised that they didn't go outside to try and find someone if this is true.

Yes, apparently that's the case.

Some logic to it, as Day coached the team during Urban's three-game suspension to start the season. Thus, there's already been a dress rehearsal.

Promoting Ryan Day is basically the same as OU did when promoting Lincoln Riley following Bob Stoop's retirement. Day is only 39, and is a Chip Kelly disciple. Regarding Bob Stoops, I guess that ends any speculation of OSU pursuing Stoops for the job. Otherwise, I can't think of any big names out there for the Buckeyes. And obviously, the promotion of Day is a better approach to maintaining the current staff, roster, and recruiting commits.

Had heard rumors that Campbell of Iowa State was an option.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back