• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Bill’s time up at KSU?

He is/was an old grouch, but Snyder had the Longhorns number beating them 5 times in a row at home.......actually his record against any Texas based schools is something to behold.....

If Snyder wants to force KSUs hand he needs to announce immediate retirement mid season "due to health complications" and appoint his son as interim... give the guy a 5 game audition...

Its the only way I see this ending remotely amicably. Bill has a sizable ego and owns half the town.

Venables would come I think... and be great. Or maybe it is time for Jim Leavitt as a HC again...
Does venables even want to be a HC? Seems I've been hearing his name for a decade but he never surfaces. Probably wise to "settle" for a mil a year or so and continue kicking ass at what you know you are great at.

Apparently some of the issues is that Bill wants his son to take over and there are a lot of folks that don't want that. According to a friend whose wife is a KSU Alum. I am sure there is more to it, but that seems to be a big issue.
Bingo

What's going to end up happening, which will be bad. If Snyder won't leave/retire unless his son gets the job then, well business is business and he'll be fired because of his hardheadedness. Yes they should bring in Levitt, the fans are okay with it. I've been saying all year down here this is going to end up happening. We'll see!

Venables would come I think... and be great. Or maybe it is time for Jim Leavitt as a HC again...

Unretired Bob Stoops :eek:. You never know! My guess he is itching to return HC job.

Why KSU? In mid '90s, Venables and Stoops would become an assistant coach on Snyder's staff. Plus Brent was born and raised in Salina Kansas and KSU alumni.

Last edited:
I would never recommend having the current head coach pick his replacement. Doesn't matter who is picked because that should be the AD's job imo.

Just because someone is a good HC doesn't mean they are a good judge of hiring head coaches........
Can you say, "Frank Solich?"

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back