• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wingett Jr. to Memphis

I saw he got 12 min of PT last night. I didn't realize he went to Memphis. I see he had offers from Auburn, Missouri and Wichita State. Odd nothing from NU or Creighton...

I know his step mom rather well from way back. I guess I can ask her about that now that I think about it...

I saw he got 12 min of PT last night. I didn't realize he went to Memphis. I see he had offers from Auburn, Missouri and Wichita State. Odd nothing from NU or Creighton...

I know his step mom rather well from way back. I guess I can ask her about that now that I think about it...
He was one of the many Nebraska guys that year that didn't seem to interest either Nebraska or Creighton. Would like to know why if you hear something.

from Memphis' first game

45537029_985164458350915_5040070961383079936_o.jpg

He was one of the many Nebraska guys that year that didn't seem to interest either Nebraska or Creighton. Would like to know why if you hear something.
'
The reply I received -

Ya its pretty cool hes at Memphis with Penny Hardaway! We've been out a couple times. Great facilities!! I dont know why NU didnt offer, he had his heart set on going there/hoping to go there. Creighton took interest after he had been to Memphis for a visit...but it was a little to late i guess. Just wish it was closer for us so we could make more games.

'
The reply I received -

Ya its pretty cool hes at Memphis with Penny Hardaway! We've been out a couple times. Great facilities!! I dont know why NU didnt offer, he had his heart set on going there/hoping to go there. Creighton took interest after he had been to Memphis for a visit...but it was a little to late i guess. Just wish it was closer for us so we could make more games.
Thanks for the information, glad he's enjoying it.

I know it's offset a year, but I'd rather have had David than Thor even though Thor now looks like he might be able to become the next Nick Fuller. Wingett has really good offensive skills, but I suspected that Nebraska was worried about defense and work ethic. I don't know - seems like a missed opportunity. We've hashed through this in other threads.

Happy for him, and I hope he does well.

Thanks for the information, glad he's enjoying it.

I know it's offset a year, but I'd rather have had David than Thor even though Thor now looks like he might be able to become the next Nick Fuller. Wingett has really good offensive skills, but I suspected that Nebraska was worried about defense and work ethic. I don't know - seems like a missed opportunity. We've hashed through this in other threads.

Happy for him, and I hope he does well.
Is "being able to become the next nick fuller" a good thing?

Is "being able to become the next nick fuller" a good thing?
Better than becoming the next Omar Soto I guess. No shade to Nick Fuller, who worked as hard as he could to be a 6'10" power forward. Maybe I should have said Jack McVeigh, but Jack started games. I just don't see Thor growing into a regular player at UNL, but what do I know.

Better than becoming the next Omar Soto I guess. No shade to Nick Fuller, who worked as hard as he could to be a 6'10" power forward. Maybe I should have said Jack McVeigh, but Jack started games. I just don't see Thor growing into a regular player at UNL, but what do I know.
The 6’10 part was hard when he was only about 6’7. If he’d been able to develop a decent outside stroke, he would have been a solid role player.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back