• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

McQuitty and Q. Alexander: MIA

bucktril

Travel Squad
20 Year Member
Have not heard a peep about either of these guys all year. Are either injured? Or just not ready to contribute yet.

Feel free to add anyone else that has "disappeared" this season.

Have not heard a peep about either of these guys all year. Are either injured? Or just not ready to contribute yet.

Hard to know what's going on with them. Wonder if the 4 game redshirt rule is part of the deal, maybe developing these guys for more use later in the season? Sharp and Benning were talking about several of these guys today, you might have heard them...

Could be fundamental skills as well. Coach Walters has said many times "no block, no rock." And he made a comment about one of the WR's (can't recall which) that he is still working on "toughness."

Last edited:
Good question. Without any insight I think it might have something to do with no mop up action opportunities.

We are pretty deep at WR...might be why they've been held back. Isn't McQuitty coming off knee surgery or was that someone else?

Frost announced in August that Alexander was injured and out for the year. He had that shoulder injury during the spring, so not sure if it’s the same injury or something new with him.

Edit: Added the article where Frost announces the injury.

Frost confirmed that sophomore outside linebacker Quayshon Alexander is out for the season with an injury and will not be available for Nebraska in 2018.

"We're not going to have his this year as he's rehabbing," Frost said.

Last edited:
Hard to know what's going on with them. Wonder if the 4 game redshirt rule is part of the deal, maybe developing these guys for more use later in the season? Sharp and Benning were talking about several of these guys today, you might have heard them...

Could be fundamental skills as well. Coach Walters has said many times "no block, no rock." And he made a comment about one of the WR's (can't recall which) that he is still working on "toughness."

McQuitty and Alexander have both previously redshirted already.

mcQuitty was overhyped out of HS by NU fans for some reason. Hes simply not shown anything.
QA as i remember had some pretty good reviews in the weight room this winter so it would be nice if next year he broke a little bit

Guy Thomas is the guy thats most suprising to me "no pun intented) lol
His film looked dynamite but hes been passed up by quite a few others and usually doesnt make the travel squad

Not sure I agree that we're deep ... a walk-on is starting ... with no offense to Kade Warner ... others came into the program with more upside and potential.

I think this supports the ideas of an even playing field each week. We are nicked up at WR, but from the press conferences Kade Warner got his opportunity and made it happen in practice. Effort was rewarded and he earned his spot. he has played well enough not to give it back up to now.

Scholarships are given, but don't mean automatic spots on game days. Reimers, Woodyard, Mike Williams, Miles Jones and Mcquitty are all healthy but not getting time.

I personally like this and it will pay dividends now and in the future as we offer preferred walk ons to guys. if they see you can earn a spot, unlike in past years, they may be more inclined to come to Nebraska.

I think this supports the ideas of an even playing field each week. We are nicked up at WR, but from the press conferences Kade Warner got his opportunity and made it happen in practice. Effort was rewarded and he earned his spot. he has played well enough not to give it back up to now.

Scholarships are given, but don't mean automatic spots on game days. Reimers, Woodyard, Mike Williams, Miles Jones and Mcquitty are all healthy but not getting time.

I personally like this and it will pay dividends now and in the future as we offer preferred walk ons to guys. if they see you can earn a spot, unlike in past years, they may be more inclined to come to Nebraska.
Im not away of any injuries so not sure why you say our WR our nicked up........ontop of that williams and woodyard arent starting but ARE getting quite a bit of time

Nice post, I have no idea why McQuitty has not made it on the field that much, but would imagine it could be play book and blocking. Your are not getting on the field in this offense as WR if you can't or don't block.

Everyone wants to make it out like Kade Warner was some stretch of a player. The guy had like 200+ catches in HS in probably the biggest class in Arizona football. Most likely the big knock on him is speed. He has decent size and good hands I hope he has a great career.

Warner earning starts may send a message to scholarship guys and that made bode well down the road... But guys like Warner on the field will not get this team where it needs to be. They need more hits on the recruiting front to where guys like Warner or practice fodder. That may sound harsh but that's the reality

Nice post, I have no idea why McQuitty has not made it on the field that much, but would imagine it could be play book and blocking. Your are not getting on the field in this offense as WR if you can't or don't block.

Everyone wants to make it out like Kade Warner was some stretch of a player. The guy had like 200+ catches in HS in probably the biggest class in Arizona football. Most likely the big knock on him is speed. He has decent size and good hands I hope he has a great career.
He is no threat after the catch. Receivers in this offense need to be able to turn 4 yard receptions into 15+ yard plays. He will contribute to this team whether he plays or not...but if he is playing next year and beyond it will be because of multiple recruiting misses

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back