• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Offense becoming predictable...

HuskerColt

Recruit
5 Year Member
Need to set to Stivrins more. Going to Foecke and Sun so much that it is predictable and opponents are loading up the block. Stivrins has been consistent so far this year, but she is getting too few opportunities, IMO.

Need to set to Stivrins more. Going to Foecke and Sun so much that it is predictable and opponents are loading up the block. Stivrins has been consistent so far this year, but she is getting too few opportunities, IMO.

Agreed. At the end of the 2nd set, Indiana was cheating towards Foecke and Sun and ended up with 3 blocks after the set was tied at 20. If the outsides and opposite are getting 25 swings apiece which is what happened against Indiana, the middles should be getting 15 to 20 swings apiece. Instead they got 15 total. I would also add Schwarzenbach into the mix with Stivrins. Stivrins is very athletic and powerful, but Schwarzenbach has an amazingly quick arm for being such a lanky person.

The other item that is becoming too predictable is that if an attacker gets dug or makes an error, Hames will go back to the same attacker on the next set. You hear the announcers coo about how "they really like the setter doing that, because it gives the attacker confidence." The reality is that it doesn't happen occasionally, it happens every time. If I am an opponent, and I happen to dig a ball hit by Sun, for example, after a set by Hames, the next time over I'm putting 2 people to block Sun and dare Hames to set someone else.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back