• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BEER!

I had the same opinion of Suprep. Maybe a little more hops and it would have been drinkable.

Of course I'm not keen on drinking something recreationally that keeps me glued to the throne for four hours. It certainly would effect my ability to watch games....unless....
Worst thing? I couldn't stop thinking about KingTM's avatar, dude with the mullet on the front porch toilet. I ENVIED that!

We have this small town brewery about 30 miles south of us that has a really good IPA. I have not had the chance to try all their beers yet. But the quality and tasted of the IPA impressed me. Started drinking IPA about 43 years ago being stationed in England in the USAF for 8 years. Have been trying them ever since. If you see it you might want to give it a try.
Omaha Brewing Company
http://www.omahabrewingcompany.com/
Hey gabugeater, the beer drinking in England is EXACTLY how I developed a love for well made beer.... let's see... 1978 it woulda been. It was a National Lampoon FInal Vacation with my family, 5 of the 6 sibs, as we drank our way first through England then Germany. What a freaking realization that I could drink this tasty well made fresh beer and not get a hangover from it!

Another thing, I literally have the Firesign Theater "I Think We're all Bozos on this Bus" album memorized (still) from MANY listenings in my early years. "Go ahead, squeeze the wheeze. Many people like to!"

Hey gabugeater, the beer drinking in England is EXACTLY how I developed a love for well made beer.... let's see... 1978 it woulda been. It was a National Lampoon FInal Vacation with my family, 5 of the 6 sibs, as we drank our way first through England then Germany. What a freaking realization that I could drink this tasty well made fresh beer and not get a hangover from it!

Another thing, I literally have the Firesign Theater "I Think We're all Bozos on this Bus" album memorized (still) from MANY listenings in my early years. "Go ahead, squeeze the wheeze. Many people like to!"
Yep, that Europe thing with the beer is awesome. Was in England from 75 thru 77. Came back to the states, married my wife in 78 and had a daughter. Loved it so much I wanted my new family to experience as well. Went back you England in 82 thru 86. Spent many a time tasting as much local brew as I could throughout the UK. Got my fill in Belgium where they have ancient breweries. And all over Germany with both sudsy beer and a few wine tours which are hard to remember. My wife and a friend even went to Amsterdam and she brought me a case of Red Star Heineken right from the brewery. Oh, I still have the album in the collection in storage. I have been getting a box at a time out and using a USB turntable getting them all converted to digital so I can take them anywhere. Keeps me busy in retirement, that and fishing as often as I can.

Last edited:

So I'm just sitting here working on a couple of Founders Breakfast Stouts and wondering if I had enough of these how much would I feel it if some jerk Tonya Harding relative from Colorado was twisting my knee?

Ummm nom nom nom .....OWWW Sonuva....
founders-breakfast-stout.jpg

So I'm just sitting here working on a couple of Founders Breakfast Stouts and wondering if I had enough of these how much would I feel it if some jerk Tonya Harding relative from Colorado was twisting my knee?

Ummm nom nom nom .....OWWW Sonuva....
founders-breakfast-stout.jpg
:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:

I was gifted a 6er of Trail Beer, Northwest Pale Ale from 10 Barrel Brewing Co. 5% abv and a light 60 IBU's. I just finished my first one, and I like it. I had it with a Caesar Salad, and it paired well together.
Ready for the perfect pale ale? Trail Beer is ready for you too, with a refreshingly bright body layered with nuances of fresh cut oranges and pine needles
I've had better, but I would buy this myself.
10-Barrel-Trail-Beer-12OZ-CAN_1024x1024.JPG

Please tell me you're not defending the indefensible. Please...

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had a Pumpkin Porter.....and greatly enjoyed it.

I have to temper any fun at have at Mack's expense because of that one statement.

Yes. I'll say it again. I freaking enjoyed it. Pumpkin....Porter.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back