• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

He can get to certain schools still and learn the offense while sitting out this year.
That was my guess, but will he be able to count this year as the mandatory sitting out year, or are we past that point?

Otherwise, he'll be sitting two years at his next school (provided he transfers now).

That was my guess, but will he be able to count this year as the mandatory sitting out year, or are we past that point?

Otherwise, he'll be sitting two years at his next school (provided he transfers now).
At certain schools he will be able to count this year, I believe. Has to get there before their registration cut off. Will still count towards our 85 for the fall at least.

For it to be a consensus among all of the coaches that the starting QB was Martinez says it all. I like Gebbia a lot and hope he stays, but I am sure it was difficult to hear as he had realistic hopes that he'd be the guy. It's disappointing that he didn't attend practice this morning after everything he has said over the past few months about loving it here in Nebraska and saying that he was going to stay. There's no guarantee that he would start anywhere else that he may transfer to (though he certainly seems talented enough to do so). Whatever he decides to do, I am glad he gave it his all and will be 100% supportive of his decision.

At certain schools he will be able to count this year, I believe. Has to get there before their registration cut off. Will still count towards our 85 for the fall at least.
Not good news, but if that is how he feels... Pretty disappointed if he does bail.

JUCO?

This is disapointing IMO. He has spent the last 8 months getting ready for this offense. Even if he wishes to depart, I think he would be better served getting playing time in it, and being there to start in case of injury. His school options are going to be extremely limited right now I think, so many places have started classes. I hope he changes his mind and returns to the team.

That was my initial guess is that he's looking around and where he can still get into to count this year.

I expected a transfer, but not this year. Hoping he stays and competes, but completely understand why he would be looking.

That was my initial guess is that he's looking around and where he can still get into to count this year.

I expected a transfer, but not this year. Hoping he stays and competes, but completely understand why he would be looking.
I expected him to transfer after the season. IF he can get somewhere and have his sit out count this fall he will do that. JUCO obviously a possibility.

Would be potentially a very huge loss.

I hope he sticks it out, but I can't say I really blame him. He got beat out by someone who should have graduated HS just a few months ago and hasn't really played in a true game since his junior year of HS. Martinez logically should improve from this point on at a higher rate than Gebbia.

At the 0:55 mark:
Nebraska's my home now. I love it here. Everything about it is great. The people here have been really good to me...This is a special moment in time and you know, I couldn't leave my teammates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back