• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

*** Fall Practice Primer

And here I thought that *** had just been reading your stuff about AM to form his opinion. Obviously, he forgot to read your full opinion of TG before writing his primer.

The bolded was not possible. I did not offer my analysis of TG until today. It was not available to *** prior to this thread.

My opinion of Gebbia as a passer differs from ***. His opinion may be right, but I trust my opinion more than his.

It looks like TG might be arming the ball just a bit (not using the progression of his legs, hips and shoulder to attain power to the fullest possible extent), but that is not a bad thing. Oftentimes QBs are unable to set their feet and use the whipping action of the body to help launch the pass. Sometimes they have to rely solely on the strength of their arm to get the ball to the receiver.

As *** pointed out, MV insists that his QBs practice throwing off their back foot or facing the receiver (or when running for the dear lives) where the arm is the primary source of power. I think that is a great idea. HuskerThom once highlighted the QB situation when he said that tennis servers do not have to execute with a 300-pound defensive lineman in their face.

Yes, tennis servers can execute their throwing-type motion using their legs, hips, and shoulder every time. QBs, not so much.

Last edited:
Dunning-Kruger effect for the win!

"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence."

Dunning-Kruger effect for the win!

"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority comes from the inability of low-ability people to recognize their lack of ability; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence."

Sorry, but that ain't me bro!

:Biggrin:

Last edited:
The bolded was not possible. I did not offer my analysis of TG until today. It was not available to *** prior to this thread.

My opinion of Gebbia as a passer differs from ***. His opinion may be right, but I trust my opinion more than his.

It looks like TG might be arming the ball just a bit (not using the progression of his legs, hips and shoulder to attain power to the fullest possible extent), but that is not a bad thing. Oftentimes QBs are unable to set their feet and use the whipping action of the body to help launch the pass. Sometimes they have to rely solely on the strength of their arm to get the ball to the receiver.

As *** pointed out, MV insists that his QBs practice throwing off their back foot or facing the receiver (or when running for the dear lives) where the arm is the primary source of power. I think that is a great idea. HuskerThom once highlighted the QB situation when he said that tennis servers do not have to execute with a 300-pound defensive lineman in their face.

Yes, tennis servers can execute their throwing-type motion using their legs, hips, and shoulder every time. QBs, not so much.
How many heisman trophies will Martinez win? @Paramus

NOT 1, NOT 2, NOT 3...

I don't watch the NFL. But interestingly, when Michigan's passing game coordinator was asked how he goes about choosing a new starting QB (Michigan is in the same situation as the Huskers) he said he wished college football had some pre-season games.
Nebraska has 3 QBs recruited by the current coaching staff and a 5 star transfer from an SEC school battling for the QB job? Man, Frost really is keeping this QB thing under wraps.

How many heisman trophies will Martinez win? @Paramus

I don't know. But I think he has the potential to be in contention for at least a couple of them. But that's no big deal. Others have already said the same thing.

I did not think anyone in the nation could beat out AM for our starting QB position, but Gebbia is neck and neck with him right now. Although nobody is saying it now, Gebbia might be getting some Heisman talk before it is all said and done. For sure, he is an excellent competitor.

Last edited:
I am confused. Did you mean Michigan instead of Nebraska

AM was originally committed to the Vols. Although he is not technically an SEC transfer, he may have been wearing an orange hat with a white "T" on it at one time.

I am sure that AM was never awarded a 5* however both Alabama and Georgia offered AM. That says something about his potential.

Last edited:

AM was originally committed to the Vols. Although he is not technically an SEC transfer, he may have been wearing an orange hat with a T on it at one time.

Alabama and Georgia offered AM. That says something about his potential.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking Patterson the transfer for Ole Miss for Michigan and it threw me off

I think basically BRS was saying the situations aren’t the same. Pretty easy to figure it out with the information he provided

I think basically BRS was saying the situations aren’t the same. Pretty easy to figure it out with the information he provided

I think I see what BRS is saying. Although NU and MU will both have a new starter at QB, MU's transfer from MSU has already had some starting experience. He was also a 5* and NU does not have one of those. In addition, SF has 2 inherited QBs whereas MU recruited all of its QB candidates.

All of this is true, but since none of MU's QB candidates have started for Michigan's offense, their QB situation is the same as ours in that regard, and that is why Michigan's passing game coordinator wishes CF had some pre-season games. Pre-season games offer a better means of evaluation than in-house scrimmages and drills.

Last edited:

I think I see what BRS is saying. Although NU and MU will both have a new starter at QB, MU's transfer from MSU has already had some starting experience. In addition, SF has 2 inherited QBs whereas MU recruited all of its QB candidates.

All of this is true, but since none of MU's QB candidates have started for Michigan's offense, their QB situation is the same as ours in that regard, and that is why Michigan's passing game coordinator wishes CF had some pre-season games. Pre-season games offer a better means of evaluation than in-house scrimmages and drills.

Are you going to keep editing? Tell you what, we can agree that both teams will have qbs take the field this year, so they’re strikingly similar in that regard! :thumbsup:

Are you going to keep editing? Tell you what, we can agree that both teams will have qbs take the field this year, so they’re strikingly similar in that regard! :thumbsup:

And we can also agree that both teams will have a new starting QB this year.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back