• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who was the best/your favorite FB?

Cory is the one who punched it in, so he'll always own the top spot in my head.

Have to say, despite the hopeless mess of the MR regime, Janovich was perhaps one of the few bright spots for me.

I'll always respect his greater sense of commitment.
Why Janovich wasn't at least a 2 year starter only highlights the ineptitude of certain former coaching staff IMO. One of the FEW good things MR did was give him more playing time which resulted in making an NFL roster.

Last edited:

Schlesinger is my favorite. Finally breaking through for TO’s first NC. The ‘95 Orange Bowl will always be a sacred moment in Husker history. There had been so many close seasons prior (83 and 93 most notably). Watching him roll into the end zone felt like a culmination of many seasons worth of blood sweat and tears.

I am a bit biased I guess, But my vote goes to JEFF KINNEY! #35! Just wanted to ask you all who in your mind was it?

Odd answer to your own poll. :)

Kinney was listed as a tailback. He originally came to Nebraska as a quarterback, but made some mistakes and they moved him to tailback.

To note, Maury Damkroger was the fullback on the '71 team. Here's a photo of him opening a lane for Kinney in the Game of the Century.

5012d455df99f.image.jpg

Last edited:

Wasn't Kinney a tailback, not a fullback?
Damn I thought he was a Fullback. I was only about 10 years old at the time. When we played street football it was always an argument as to who got to be Fullback/ Jeff Kinney!

Last edited:
Schlesinger is my favorite. Finally breaking through for TO’s first NC. The ‘95 Orange Bowl will always be a sacred moment in Husker history. There had been so many close seasons prior (83 and 93 most notably). Watching him roll into the end zone felt like a culmination of many seasons worth of blood sweat and tears.
Well put. A lot of...something...was let loose with that win. We all wanted it probably more than TO actually.

Ndamukong Suh.

He lined up at FB against Arizona in the Holiday Bowl and then Lee just waltzed into the end zone. For that matter, that was a glorious bowl game. First shutout in Holiday Bowl history and Zona didn't even cross midfield until the second half.

Last edited:
Has to be Rathman for me. Jano, Schlesinger and Franklin make my list as well. I am grateful to Kriewald for a 2 for 51 yards against the dirt burglars on the the infamous "*** hillbillies" night by FHCBC. The up the gut run in the 4th by Kriewald put us in field goal range to avoid the shut out. Good times, lol. GBR

Andra Franklin was one of my favorite players growing up. I think he had the best career for a Husker FB. It seemed like he was on the team forever. But- I’m going to vote for Schlesinger. His two TDs against Miami are on the short list of greatest/most important plays in Husker history.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back