• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-star LB Nick Henrich is N (Consensus 4-star) Update NE Gatorade POY

I wonder how many additional 'ranking bumps' NU will get on their recruit list before the early and late NSDs?

GBR!

On Sharp and Benning in the morning, John Talman from Rivals was co-hosting with Damon Benning and gave an explanation about this bump. According to Talman, Mike Farrell (recruiting national recruiting director for Rivals) was talking with Talman at the 5-star challenge in Atlanta, GA about some of the talent in the Midwest and Farrell brought up Nick without being asked saying that he loved his film. Rivals had ranking meetings recently and a lot of analysts liked Nick after reevaluating film, so he got the ranking increase.

Talman said that the ranking analyst ultimately wants to be right, that's regarding college career and NFL draft, so coaches, school success, film, competition, and other factors that impact their evaluation and ratings given to players. Coaches and their history of talent evaluation and development definitely make an impact on ratings. Frost with QB's, for instance, is an example John Talman used, with Oregon and UCF QB's results on the field (Marriota, Vernon Adams, Darron Thomas, and McKenzie Milton more recently).

Thanks.

Last edited:

Last edited:

On Sharp and Benning in the morning, John Talman from Rivals was co-hosting with Damon Benning and gave an explanation about this bump. According to Talman, Mike Farrell (recruiting national recruiting director for Rivals) was talking with Talman at the 5-star challenge in Atlanta, GA about some of the talent in the Midwest and Farrell brought up Nick without being asked saying that he loved his film. Rivals had ranking meetings recently and a lot of analysts liked Nick after reevaluating film, so he got the ranking increase.

Talman said that the ranking analyst ultimately wants to be right, that's regarding college career and NFL draft, so coaches, school success, film, competition, and other factors that impact their evaluation and ratings given to players. Coaches and their history of talent evaluation and development definitely make an impact on ratings. Frost with QB's, for instance, is an example John Talman used, with Oregon and UCF QB's results on the field (Marriota, Vernon Adams, Darron Thomas, and McKenzie Milton more recently).

"Rivals had ranking meetings recently and a lot of analysts liked Nick after reevaluating film, so he got the ranking increase."

Translation, since giving him a three-star rating in the spring, Henrich received offers from schools like Nebraska, Florida, LSU, Notre Dame, Oregon, Penn State, Texas A&M, Wisconsin and Ole Miss. I mean, what else did they see when they "rewatched" his film? They weren't playing attention the first time?

Last edited:
"Rivals had ranking meetings recently and a lot of analysts liked Nick after reevaluating film, so he got the ranking increase."

Translation, since giving him a three-star rating in the spring, Henrich received offers from schools like Nebraska, Florida, LSU, Notre Dame, Oregon, Penn State, Texas A&M, Wisconsin and Ole Miss. I mean, what else did they see when they "rewatched" his film? They weren't playing attention the first time?
You sure they didn’t rewatch how well he did in Nebraska’s 7 on 7 tournament?
:Wave:

:Biggrin:

No doubt that's exactly what happened, but they aren't going to outright admit that...so maybe some of the analysts hadn't watched the film at all thinking he's a Nebraska kid and didn't have the offers they felt justified taking the time to better evaluate him. Orrrrrrrrrr they just are going off his offer list and skipped watching tape...haha

Which is exactly why I'm way more interested in the offer list than I am the star rating.

Relative to other LBs as of late, his read, react, attack, tackle skills have improved that much more relative to the other LB competition out there. All thanks to his new mindset : be Ruud

Which is exactly why I'm way more interested in the offer list than I am the star rating.

Keep in mind the offers are reported by the kid. Most are accurate and honest however, a time or two, as we have seen, a kid will fudge those. In this case no doubt they are accurate

Keep in mind the offers are reported by the kid. Most are accurate and honest however, a time or two, as we have seen, a kid will fudge those. In this case no doubt they are accurate
For sure, it's impossible to always know what is true but like you said, generally they are accurate. Get enough good offers and some reporter will have discovered if a kid is telling the truth.

Obviously you have 3 or 4 individuals in mind that you believe will get a positive bump. Are you comfortable with identifying them? And for each, why the up bump?
Two for sures:
Thomas Grayson will get one for sure, he is still a 2 star 5.4... he will be at least a 5.6 if not a 5.7. He may decommit but who knows.
Tony Fair is only a 5.5 and a JUCO AA, he will be at least a 5.6 when all is done, but should be a 5.7/5.8

1-2 of these guys:
Newsome 5.7
Newsom 5.6
McCaffrey 5.7
Lynn 5.6
Anderson 5.6

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back