• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/12/18) Photos Added From Sunday Scrimmage/ Tomorrow is an off day

Found this interesting...worth a read...

Huge shout-out to Sean Callahan, Nate Clouse and the entire staff at HuskerOnline.com first. They are a machine, and the Husker fan base in our industry is really second to none to me when it comes to the passion for recruiting. The message board on that site has to be one of the most active, fluid boards I have ever seen. They always have questions, they comment on articles I link to their board and it is just a great community there.

Now back to the question.

Scott Frost and his staff have really tried to become much more active in my area (Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi). They have extended a lot of offers to Georgia prospects since Frost took over. The Huskers surprised many on National Signing Day when they landed four-star linebacker

Caleb Tannor
over Auburn. They just picked up a commitment from
Quinton Newsome
Ronald Thompkins
committed to them in the spring, too. That is two in the 2019 class out of Georgia. There could be more in the South taking a harder look at the Huskers this fall, too.
MORE: Newsome's father saw something different in Lincoln

As far as potential five-star commitments, it will happen under Frost. Many will have their eyes on the product he puts on the field this fall, and if things go well, it will only help on the recruiting trail.

Last edited:

Photo gallery from today's scrimmage

MYGZTHCVBBDAIFQ.20180812164505.JPG

HC said he would be giving more reps to one or two QBs after the scrimmage that "was coming up soon" at the time of his presser. I wonder if anyone separated themselves from the pack in the scrimmage enough to now be considered the likely starter at QB in Game one. Maybe practice today will reveal that.

HC said he would be giving more reps to one or two QBs after the scrimmage that "was coming up soon" at the time of his presser. I wonder if anyone separated themselves from the pack in the scrimmage enough to now be considered the likely starter at QB in Game one. Maybe practice today will reveal that.

Offensive coaches will be back in front of a mike on Wednesday morning. I suspect we might learn a little more then.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back