• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fall Practice (8/8/18) Tons Of Photos And Video

Well, Adrian is better with the media as a true freshman than Taylor was as a senior
The senior year with turf toe? I agree. Though we have not seen him under live fire yet. I’m not going to say anything yet. Let’s guvenit 2-3 games

If it happens, then I will have underestimated his character. He’s said nothing but 100% about this team. We’ve had a few close QB battles over the years, but the backup always stayed with a role on the team (Berringer, Newcome, who else?). Every football team needs a backup QB, and backups at every position, there’s no dishonor in that. “An injury away from being the starter.”

I don't think it says anything negative about his character. If he can start at another D1 and better his chances at making the big show with higher draft stock then he should take it. Nope, nothing negative about his character at all.

C

Kenny Bell was 6'1 200 lbs and jacked. TG...who I love because he's a Husker..is 6'3" and 180 soaking wet. Two totally different bodies. He won't be decleating anyone.

I would hope we don't see him decleating someone. That would be the end result of something bad.

He is too good to be a back up for 4 years. If he is not the starter he is gone.

C

A redshirt frehman, never played in a college game, would leave if he's not the starter? That gives him a second year to sit with the transfer penalty, and then two 2 years of playing time to prove he's in the top 5% of college players who sign NFL contracts. He's "too good to be a backup?" Are you basing that on his spring game performances?

A redshirt frehman, never played in a college game, would leave if he's not the starter? That gives him a second year to sit with the transfer penalty, and then two 2 years of playing time to prove he's in the top 5% of college players who sign NFL contracts. He's "too good to be a backup?" Are you basing that on his spring game performances?

It's cool that you disagree with me but if AM is entrenched as the starter at the end of the season TG will transfer. And yes, I think he is better than just a backup, I am sure you do too but are just looking to argue.

C

It's cool that you disagree with me but if AM is entrenched as the starter at the end of the season TG will transfer. And yes, I think he is better than just a backup.

We can have a discussion, that's what this place is for. You can project TG into the NFL before he's played a college game if you want. I just think it's premature to do that.

You can peg him as a me-first, if I don't start, I'm taking my ball and leaving type of kid, and I see him as more of a team player - one who values, works, and contributes at the role he has. The reality is that none of us know how this season (and the next, and the next) will play out.

The competitors hang in there, keep developing, keep scrapping to win the coaches confidence and increase their role - we see that all the time in other teams. Look at the QB situations at Ohio State, Alabama, and many others. Highly recruited, highly talented backup quarterbacks are vying for or have won starting jobs. Joe Burrow hung in there until he graduated and decided to move on and try to play a year, but that was after three years of trying to break through and start at OSU. It's the coaches jobs to manage that situation and build unity, and I think Frost and Verduzco have the talent to do just that. At least at this point in time, TG agrees https://247sports.com/college/nebra...-Andrew-Bunch-Scott-Frost-decision-120495619/

I'm glad we are having this discussion because it means there is FINALLY enough depth at a key position to give us fodder for it. GBR

Last edited:
I don't think it says anything negative about his character. If he can start at another D1 and better his chances at making the big show with higher draft stock then he should take it. Nope, nothing negative about his character at all.

C
A few things.
1. Not every QB goes to college with a need to move on to the NFL
2. The need to make the draft is a big part of the reason a lot of guys Xfer.
3. His Dad used college fB as a spring board for business success.
4. Pretty sure his parents would advise him that the degree is the most important part.
5. His dad has a successful business. UNL has a well respected business school
6. He has already gone through his best friend leaving, a coaching change etc. None of that has made him waiver.
7. He has already used his redshirt so unless he goes JUCO or transfers before school starts. He would lose a year of eligibility.
8. I will say that IF he gets to the point where he has graduated and has not had an opportunity to start he MAY decide to do a graduate transfer.

What makes you think this would? His talent? A lot of talented QBs that could start at other schools choose to stay at their school. You just do not hear about them because they stay. It does not happen as often as people think.

All of this is just speculation and opinion on both of our parts. So who really knows. I will say for NE my scenario is superior to yours :thumbsup:

We can have a discussion, that's what this place is for. You can project TG into the NFL before he's played a college game if you want. I just think it's premature to do that.

You can peg him as a me-first, if I don't start, I'm taking my ball and leaving type of kid, and I see him as more of a team player - one who values, works, and contributes at the role he has. The reality is that none of us know how this season (and the next, and the next) will play out.

The competitors hang in there, keep developing, keep scrapping to win the coaches confidence and increase their role - we see that all the time in other teams. Look at the QB situations at Ohio State, Alabama, and many others. Highly recruited, highly talented backup quarterbacks are vying for or have won starting jobs. Joe Burrow hung in there until he graduated and decided to move on and try to play a year, but that was after three years of trying to break through and start at OSU. It's the coaches jobs to manage that situation and build unity, and I think Frost and Verduzco have the talent to do just that. At least at this point in time, TG agrees https://247sports.com/college/nebra...-Andrew-Bunch-Scott-Frost-decision-120495619/

I'm glad we are having this discussion because it means there is FINALLY enough depth at a key position to give us fodder for it. GBR

Yes, as I have said he is purely concerned with this year and I preface my thoughts on him transferring with AM being entrenched as the starter. I am not pegging him as a me first as I don't believe a player who transfers necessarily fits that label. Is POB a me first person? I don't think so. I also didn't say he was NFL talent I just pointed out that being a starter at a different D1 program would increases his chances over being a backup, you should go read my post again before putting words in my mouth.

C

A few things.
1. Not every QB goes to college with a need to move on to the NFL
2. The need to make the draft is a big part of the reason a lot of guys Xfer.
3. His Dad used college fB as a spring board for business success.
4. Pretty sure his parents would advise him that the degree is the most important part.
5. His dad has a successful business. UNL has a well respected business school
6. He has already gone through his best friend leaving, a coaching change etc. None of that has made him waiver.
7. He has already used his redshirt so unless he goes JUCO or transfers before school starts. He would lose a year of eligibility.
8. I will say that IF he gets to the point where he has graduated and has not had an opportunity to start he MAY decide to do a graduate transfer.

What makes you think this would? His talent? A lot of talented QBs that could start at other schools choose to stay at their school. You just do not hear about them because they stay. It does not happen as often as people think.

All of this is just speculation and opinion on both of our parts. So who really knows. I will say for NE my scenario is superior to yours :thumbsup:

If you think TG does not want to play in the NFL if he has that level of talent then you are fooling yourself. In regards to his dad, Rich was a mediocre TE who played in 7 games one season. Their situations are vastly different and not comparable.

I get it, I am on an island with one respected poster on this board. I just chose to voice my opinion but I am not going to go back and forth with people who disagree with me.

Sorry to derail the thread.

C

With McCaffrey and Smothers on deck, the future at NU would look pretty grim for Gebbia if he doesn't get the start this year. I too would look for him to transfer. He already realizes he wasn't recruited to play this system and wasn't recruited by this staff. He's a pretty smart kid. He knows the odds are against him.

His work ethic and drive tells me he'd want to go somewhere where he'd have a couple solid years of playing time rather than being a career back up here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back