• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ultimate Music Thread

Same here with me, and it's fantastic. I've got two more shows this coming week(I made sure I got the actual days right this time) and am going to see Florence and the Machine and then, don't laugh, but Janet Jackson. Steve Miller with Peter Frampton, Charlie Puth, BB King's Blues Band featuring Tito Jackson, The Scorpions with Queensryche and then Dave Matthews band. Also, sprinkled in and around those shows, some local bands here and there. August is gonna be interesting. I have the option to go see Donnie and Marie(for free) HAHA! And am debating whether I go or not, I probably will, just for the heck of it. LOL...

I'd go see Donny and Marie long before I'd see Dave Matthews!

I'd go see Donny and Marie long before I'd see Dave Matthews!
LOL. I hear ya, I don't really care for Dave's singing voice, but about 2 years ago, I got invited to the show, and the musicianship of his band, blew me away. They sound phenomenal live, absolutely phenomenal. Every dude in that band, can flat out play, and they play very well together. I don't listen to them on the radio or online, but I will go see them live, given the chance. They are a great live band, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Perhaps if they play a festival in Austin, don't completely dismiss them, if you haven't seen them live. If you've already seen them and don't care for them, then you know what you like. I enjoyed it quite a bit however.

Last edited:
LOL. I hear ya, I don't really care for Dave's singing voice, but about 2 years ago, I got invited to the show, and the musicianship of his band, blew me away. They sound phenomenal live, absolutely phenomenal. Every dude in that band, can flat out play, and they play very well together. I don't listen to them on the radio or online, but I will go see them live, given the chance. They are a great live band, beyond any shadow of a doubt.

Perhaps if they play a festival in Austin, don't completely dismiss them, if you haven't seen them live. If you've already seen them and don't care for them, then you know what you like. I enjoyed it quite a bit however.

They were here 2-3 months ago. I dismissed them. :)

I will be going to ACL fest this year thanks to my son getting me VIP passes. Deftones

Music is always good for the soul

It's so damned smokey here, that I may have to cancel tonight's show. Well, not the show, but me going.... I was really looking forward to this one, but I like to breathe too. Damn....

The show went on, and the smoke never cleared. I left early, as it was a very subdued, very disappointing show. I think they should have canceled the show, but they didn't. Horrible conditions indeed. BOOOOOO!!!!

I will be going to ACL fest this year thanks to my son getting me VIP passes. Deftones

Music is always good for the soul

Been at Sturgis all week. Lot of great music as usual. My daughter and I are off to see the Texas Hippie Coalition tomorrow night and like you VIP. Saw Blacktop Mojo a couple of days ago and the annual trek of David Allen Coe up here. He is a treasure. A few other bands like Black Stone Cherry and POD too

Oh and the Deftones are awesome

Been at Sturgis all week. Lot of great music as usual. My daughter and I are off to see the Texas Hippie Coalition tomorrow night and like you VIP. Saw Blacktop Mojo a couple of days ago and the annual trek of David Allen Coe up here. He is a treasure. A few other bands like Black Stone Cherry and POD too

Oh and the Deftones are awesome
Wife sang with David Allen Coe' s daughter Shelly for a couple years

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back