• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB Logan Smothers is N; Update: Upgraded To A 4 * By Rivals

Runs the 40 in 4.48. Also very shifty. Not a straight-line guy like Taylor Martinez was. SO yeah some real comparisons. Keeping in mind he has two years of high school left so one would hope he gets better and better. As a coaches kid you know he has a mind for the game too. That 4.0 speaks loudly too both on and off the field.
I am sure that he will get bigger and better. I like the shiftiness with his style of running.

What does Sam mean by "Interesting, interesting QB commit?" I don't have a subscription and so can't read the article. The term "interesting" sounds like a back-handed compliment.

My thinking is that Sam thinks that SF puts more stock into the mobility of the QB than the arm...maybe.

Confused by #3. Smothers has a modest offer list that includes Southern Miss, Troy, UAB, South Alabama, Austin Peay and Tennessee Tech. He had drawn interest from Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi State, but the Huskers were the only Power Five program to offer. Not dogging the kid, he'll be a consensus four-star eventually, but that statement isn't really accurate.

Yes, and he is from the same school that also produced Phillip Rivers, who Alabama, Auburn and many others also passed on before he landed at NCSU and then the Chargers....

What does Sam mean by "Interesting, interesting QB commit?" I don't have a subscription and so can't read the article. The term "interesting" sounds like a back-handed compliment.

If you read all of Sams tweets and articles he really likes the commit

Sam and the Omaha Herald are seeking subscription sign-ups and clicks.

Kind of like recruits and Twitter followers!! :thumbsup:

I find all three of his QBs in the 18, 19 and 2020 classes interesting. He is betting on the come with each of them as they all have in some way limited track records.

Martinez didn't play his senior year. McCaffrey has never been a starter at QB. Smothers still has only finished his sophomore year of high school.

Frost is relying on his skills at projecting and developing more than most coaches we have had in the past. Maybe the upside is he gets the bargain buy, the sleeper, the hidden gem. After watching their respective highlights, limited as they are, I can't say I fault him.

The Ultimate "Smother" says....."Welcome aboard"!

iu

great nice. has it all for a dual threat. too early for Heisman talk? I would love for this kid to be here right now.

Not the same. The OWH has to stay in business and pay its employees. .ca not give everything away for free. The ads only generate so much.

I understand their business model. A little “attempt” at some humor on a Friday...have a great evening.

Last edited:

He thinks it interesting that NU offered and accepted his commitment before any other big schools have offered. That NU sees something that the others haven't yet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back