• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I Need A New Grill. Suggestions?

LingonVin

All American
15 Year Member
My old and well used Weber propane grill bit the bullet. It served me well over the last 15 years of heavy use.

Now I'm beginning to shop around and am impressed with what's out there with all the bells and whistles.

I'm leaning towards another gas grill, but everything is on the table.

What's your grill of choice and why?

386298-gasgrills-membersmark-7200882dsamsclub.jpg
I bought this at Sam's club about a year ago, for my employees to make lunch on, it gets used almost everyday,
I like the cast iron grates,
Its been good so far, burners are cheap, I don't they will last another year, but the whole cost $300.00.
For the money I guess it is with it, nothing special

I have a weber summit gas grill and it out performs any grill i have used. The open space below makes it somewhat of a convection oven and gets extremely hot. all burners on it reaches around 750 and i added grillgrates which keeps down the flare ups.

My old and well used Weber propane grill bit the bullet. It served me well over the last 15 years of heavy use.

Now I'm beginning to shop around and am impressed with what's out there with all the bells and whistles.

This is what I bought over a year ago now after spending too much time looking at everything out there. I bought the sear kit that comes with it and it works great. Holds a great temp in the winter, grates are fantastic, everything is easy to clean/remove, etc... Heats up very quick as well. Plus, it's a Nebraska product!

It was one of the highest rated pellet smoker/grills out there when I bought it.

http://www.blazngrillworks.com/

I bought a Primo XL grill about this time last year. I haven't turned on my gas grill since. I've cook everything from smoked fish to pizzas and 16 hour pork butt

This is what I bought over a year ago now after spending too much time looking at everything out there. I bought the sear kit that comes with it and it works great. Holds a great temp in the winter, grates are fantastic, everything is easy to clean/remove, etc... Heats up very quick as well. Plus, it's a Nebraska product!

It was one of the highest rated pellet smoker/grills out there when I bought it.

http://www.blazngrillworks.com/

Damnit. Just when I had convinced myself that I didn't want a pellet smoker.

Damnit. Just when I had convinced myself that I didn't want a pellet smoker.
My neighbor asked me if I use it everyday because he sees me out there all the time. I reverse seer steaks all the time on it. Just the right amount of smoke flavor and a perfect cook. It wasn't cheap, but I use the hell out of it.

My neighbor asked me if I use it everyday because he sees me out there all the time. I reverse seer steaks all the time on it. Just the right amount of smoke flavor and a perfect cook. It wasn't cheap, but I use the hell out of it.
I've mentioned this before but all of the BBQ I've ever eaten out of a pellet smoker has a "watered down" smoke flavor. Personally, I like a lot of smoke so it may just be me. Or, it could be the cook. Having said that, I'm down with you sending me one of those Omaha Steaks style boxes of your product. You know, just to test my theory...

Speaking of the Genesis line, a buddy/co-worker of mine just got one for free. He's pretty big into FB marketplace or whatever they call it and saw one that a guy was giving away, he only had to go pick it up. Somehow, this moron managed to rust the bottom completely out of the grill so the tank was sitting on the ground. He took it home, power-washed it and fabbed up a new bottom for it, himself. He said the burners were in great shape, no leaks and it works like a champ. Lucky strummer.

I've mentioned this before but all of the BBQ I've ever eaten out of a pellet smoker has a "watered down" smoke flavor. Personally, I like a lot of smoke so it may just be me. Or, it could be the cook. Having said that, I'm down with you sending me one of those Omaha Steaks style boxes of your product. You know, just to test my theory...
You're right on the smoke, it isn't over powering. If I wanted more smoke I could easily add a smoke box or one of those "sticks".

Pull the trigger on this..... LOL

pistola-bbq.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back