• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Recruiting Class

Ouch.

Edit:

After watching his 2017 video footage from the Perfect Game website, no problem with passing on this kid, unless he magically turned everything around in 2018.
He has some really good numbers, but the couple people i've talked to haven't been sold on him. Not sure what the issues are at all. But the 2019 class (just posted a thread about it) is going to get interesting. Not a ton of top tier talent like Perry, Gomes, and others in 2018, but a bunch of D1 guys that you have to project.

He has some really good numbers, but the couple people i've talked to haven't been sold on him. Not sure what the issues are at all. But the 2019 class (just posted a thread about it) is going to get interesting. Not a ton of top tier talent like Perry, Gomes, and others in 2018, but a bunch of D1 guys that you have to project.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/PlayerProfile_Videos.aspx?ID=518347

Here's the video I watched:

1) In the first swing, he just has so much going on. Needs to quiet his feet and hands; it does get a little better as the video goes on
2) His hands are slow EDIT: I'll add, they are "slower." Just slow in the context of a D1 baseball player
3) His swing is long
4) He doesn't drive through the baseball
5) He has poor weight transfer, leaving a lot of weight on his back foot, almost like his body is getting pushed backward from contact.

His fielding video was a really poor choice for a highlight video. Nothing at ground level. He looked like a run of the mill Class A SS to me.

Last edited:

Quinn Mason from Gretna has missed a large part of the HS season with an arm injury. Struggled to get past 2-3 innings in each outing leading up to that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back