• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Crazy Food ideas

huge-hamburger-featured.jpg

I have a Grandson graduation party coming up and plan on grill some 12 inch burgers as one of the mains. Plan is to use a 12 inch quiche pan 1 inch deep with removable bottom to form and grill on first side. Flip with pizza paddle, remove quiche mold, slide pizza paddle between removable bottom and burger to grill 2nd side. Place burger with fixings on 12 round sourdough bread and cut into sections. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:
I have a Grandson graduation party coming up and plan on grill some 12 inch burgers as one of the mains. Plan is to use a 12 inch quiche pan 1 inch deep with removable bottom to form and grill on first side. Flip with pizza paddle, remove quiche mold, slide pizza paddle between removable bottom and burger to grill 2nd side. Place burger with fixings on 12 round sourdough bread and cut into sections. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Calling @KingTM this is his realm...

Sounds crazy, but a burger topped with peanut butter, bacon, jalapeño jelly, a sharp cheddar cheese, onion (white), and some crisp dill pickle is life changing. Just trust me, and don't skimp on the peanut butter.

Sounds crazy, but a burger topped with peanut butter, bacon, jalapeño jelly, a sharp cheddar cheese, onion (white), and some crisp dill pickle is life changing. Just trust me, and don't skimp on the peanut butter.

Your right it does sound crazy but maybe just crazy enough to work. I'll give it a try as i have all the ingredients.

Your right it does sound crazy but maybe just crazy enough to work. I'll give it a try as i have all the ingredients.

It’s a salty, sweet balance thing. It hits all of the taste zones. The acid from the pickles cuts the thickness of the peanut butter. The crunch from the bacon, onion, and pickles balances the softness of the bun, jelly, and peanut butter. It’s great.

Completely missed this. That sounds like a fun time, @chicago husker. My go-to on burgers is guac (with plenty of smoked jalapenos), crispy pancetta or prosciutto, caramelized onions (yellow), Sriracha mayo, and some good mozzarella.

Grandson has already requested atomic buffalo turds ABT's so smoked jalapenos are covered and i always make sriracha mayo for burgers. planned on bacon, onions and various cheeses so we are on the same page there. what do you think of my approach using quiche pan for the mold?

Grandson has already requested atomic buffalo turds ABT's so smoked jalapenos are covered and i always make sriracha mayo for burgers. planned on bacon, onions and various cheeses so we are on the same page there. what do you think of my approach using quiche pan for the mold?

Excellent, sounds delicious. I think your quiche pan technique is a stroke of genius, that should work perfectly. Good luck and enjoy. I'm considering smoking a full plate of beef ribs this weekend (if I can find some) and making tacos.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back