• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-Star QB Luke McCaffrey is N (from Valor Christian, CO)

Exciting news. I think it's a great sign that someone like this signed with Nebraska: talented group of kids, very football and business savvy parents. You could hold it up as a sign for other parents to consider UNL foobtall.

ps. I put McCaffrey Rocky Mountain Mustard on Nebraska ground beef last night... pretty sure this is my doing!
Probably. Thank you!!!
Did not think Luke would be willing to compete against his brother Dylan (Michigan QB) in the same conference.
That's great that these brothers don't care if one of them will lose to the other in conference play.
I love it when I'm completely wrong like this.

Someone said he is a backup QB, if that's the case it's probably because he's playing in mop up duty so he would look a ton faster. Anyone confirm he wasn't their starter?

Yes

Threw for 875 yards at a 71% completion percentage

Caught 19 balls for 147 yards

Ran the ball 80 times for 550 yards

Thus the 'athlete' tag some services have given him

Oh and had over 700 receiving yards as a Sophomore

247 Composite has him a 4 star #263 player and # 17 athlete in the country

Last edited:

Yes

Threw for 875 yards at a 71% completion percentage

Caught 19 balls for 147 yards

Ran the ball 80 times for 550 yards

Thus the 'athlete' tag some services have given him

Oh and had over 700 receiving yards as a Sophomore

247 Composite has him a 4 star #263 player and # 17 athlete in the country
Over on the baseball forum, about 3 years ago I really questioned Erstad for offering a kid who only played JV a scholarship. Literally no varsity game experience, and a D1 offer we gave him. For the 2018 class, he is now the #1 baseball recruit in the state, throws a 95 mph fastball, and we are worried about possibly losing him to the draft out of high school. Hope it turns out this way with us here and we are in early on him relative to what position he will play in college. He certainly has the tools.

Over on the baseball forum, about 3 years ago I really questioned Erstad for offering a kid who only played JV a scholarship. Literally no varsity game experience, and a D1 offer we gave him. For the 2018 class, he is now the #1 baseball recruit in the state, throws a 95 mph fastball, and we are worried about possibly losing him to the draft out of high school. Hope it turns out this way with us here and we are in early on him relative to what position he will play in college. He certainly has the tools.
The kid McCaffrey played behind got a full ride to CU this year.

at McCaffreys size and weight, i guess Gebbia isn't too small for the Frosty offense. :)
Gebbia is 2 or 3 years older and probably runs a half second slower 40. But weight does not mean you can take a hit. It helps sure. Being able to take a hit is something some people can do because they have done it their whole lives. Toughness cannot be coached. It can be improved, but it takes a certain mindset of the individual who is the one getting hit. Take for example Eric Crouch. No way anyone would say he was a big guy. But he was tough as nails.

Welcome Luke!

As a Coloradoan now, I don't mind a bit Nebraska getting one of the top recruits in the state - and one who has a lot of Colorado star quality.

Colorado is in the radius and has a lot of people - I'm annoyed by that almost every day. ;)

CU has a great physics department. Let them have that. But I see no reason at all a generation of their best football players shouldn't call Nebraska their school home.

Last edited:

There truly is something in bloodlines. In this family, the quality through the years has been displayed. No reason to think this one will be any different.

Of course, since it was from Colorado, we need:
giphy.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back