• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-Star QB Luke McCaffrey is N (from Valor Christian, CO)

De4BqvDV4AEQ8N8.jpg

Was a pretty darn good WR while waiting his chance to play QB

Had 700 + yards receiving as a Sophomore.

Last edited:
Measurable s

• Positions: QB
  • Height & Weight: 6'3" 180lbs
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.59
  • Class of: 2019

Watching the highlights, he has average arm strength, which is not a huge deal, love the wheels though. Looks like his brother running the ball. He is only going to get bigger should be 200+ by the time he gets to Nebraska and bigger when he gets here, may actually grow another inch or so.

You can't get away from the bloodlines. Dad played WR in the NFL, mom played soccer at Stanford. Grandfather ran in the Olympics.

I was actually curious your take on that, because I thought the exact same thing...

My thoughts are there are certainly guys we were sitting good with that would have a higher ceiling in almost every instance. But we have one of the most unorthodox QB coaches in the country. Some of the things he coaches and talks about are basically taught as complete no-no's by other coaches. Throwing late over the middle, throwing late over the middle across your body, falling back, throwing one footed, all those things he talks to. Then you see our guys actually repping doing those things in practice, and you start to see why Milton at UCF had success throwing some odd balls to get them to the receiver "by any means necessary". You then look at McCaffrey's film, and he's doing a lot of the things we coach. So you can then say you don't have to change anything on how you QB, and I can even enhance those for you and you'll be Mckenzie Milton in no time. So from a "fit" perspective, i'm not sure it gets much better. But could someone with a higher ceiling be taught these things and end up being a better QB for us? I don't know.

For me the bottom line is i'm trying to decide if this four star was the best we could get at the position. Sounds like a problem most programs would die to have.

One thing about this 4 star is the name recognition should help us with this class. Kids definitely recognize that last name

Watching the highlights, he has average arm strength, which is not a huge deal, love the wheels though. Looks like his brother running the ball. He is only going to get bigger should be 200+ by the time he gets to Nebraska and bigger when he gets here, may actually grow another inch or so.

You can't get away from the bloodlines. Dad played WR in the NFL, mom played soccer at Stanford. Grandfather ran in the Olympics.

Very versatile kid thus the athlete some services have him as. Has played RB and WR. Had over 700 yards receiving as a Sophomore as just an example...

Neither Gebbia or Martinez have great arm strength which like you said in this offense is not a huge deal. Accuracy etc. being the keys....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back