• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Guilty Pleasure Music

Deserves to be posted here too.

I'll see your Randy Watkins, and raise you.

BzJy3U1CYAAzQ7V.jpg

I have a guilty pleasure song that even my wife makes fun of me for. It probably should stay in the closet.

You know, I totally missed this when it came out. How much of the hate is due to overexposure? I can see this being played every 20 minutes on a pop station in its prime. Sort of like "Freebird" on classic rock stations. The song is really pretty good. I can just see that stations would have played it until fans couldn't take it anymore and they came to hate it.

I guess mine would have to be: Carole King, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, Peter Paul and Mary, Judy Collins, Roberta Flack. Ummm... do I have to turn in my man card? Not to many who cared to hear those in High School or at Old Frat House. (They also didn't like Springsteen, I did).

And as much as I really didn't care to go to Disco's, not all Disco music was that bad. Some is even good.

But in my opinion a true guilty pleasure is one you are really almost ashamed to admit you like, you will deny it...

Well the Bee-Gees would be mine, including the Saturday Night Fever sound track.

My next one is there are a few songs by The Carpenter(s) I like. A few by John Denver.

But my biggest embarrassment ever was: I promised to take my wife to a Barry Manilow concert for her birthday. An out of town business meeting was called for that date; I had to back out of attending in person and participate remotely and tell everyone why I couldn't go. Truth is I also liked some of Manilow's tunes, too.

Last edited:

Guilty pleasure .... any tune by The Cars.

I would crank the hell out Cars tunes in my car at age 16 (1985-86).

Fortunately, I'm not alone, as the local public radio station frequently includes The Cars in their playlists of much more current Indie, Folk, Rock, Psych ....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back