• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2019 Commits

1. RB Rahmir Johnson (New Jersey) recruited by Ryan Held
2. OLB Garrett Nelson ## (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud
3. RB Thomas Grayson (Oklahoma) recruited by Ryan Held
4. Ath. Garrett Snodgrass (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud
5. DL Ethan Piper (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud and Erik Chinander

##: plans to enroll early
Not that it matters, but probably exactly where I would rank everyone. I'm curious what us and Iowa saw in Piper, I don't see it personally, but it's about projection which is tough to do on highlight films. I'm sure they've both seen him in person. Snodgrass was the best player on the field in the Class B state title game, and Nelson is a legit FBS player, glad we got those two on board. Johnson and Grayson are exactly what we look for in a WR/RB so those couldn't be better fits.

Not that it matters, but probably exactly where I would rank everyone. I'm curious what us and Iowa saw in Piper, I don't see it personally, but it's about projection which is tough to do on highlight films. I'm sure they've both seen him in person. Snodgrass was the best player on the field in the Class B state title game, and Nelson is a legit FBS player, glad we got those two on board. Johnson and Grayson are exactly what we look for in a WR/RB so those couldn't be better fits.
I thought Piper was way underrated. He really moves well for his size. I can see him bulking up to about 325 once he gets on campus and still maintaining his speed. I think he's going to have a breakout season this year.

325?!? That would be a big boy.
He's only a junior in HS, and already weighs 275, yet he doesn't look like he has an ounce of fat on him.

I love the first "highlight" in his Hudl film. It's a play where his team gives up about a 70 yard run. But the cool thing is that Piper comes from the other side of the field and runs the back down at the 5 yard line.

He's only a junior in HS, and already weighs 275, yet he doesn't look like he has an ounce of fat on him.

I love the first "highlight" in his Hudl film. It's a play where his team gives up about a 70 yard run. But the cool thing is that Piper comes from the other side of the field and runs the back down at the 5 yard line.
325 is really really heavy. But ya, that play is a good one to show his effort.

Last edited:

Haven't heard for sure, but I am assuming the staff plans to slide Piper inside. Compared to the two guys they got last year (Wildeman, Rogers) and guys they probably end up with in this class (Ty Robinson and Mosai Newson), Piper just doesn't hold up. He seems like a decent interior project.

325 is pretty heavy. Stoltenberg is listed at 305. I know it's not 100% accurate, especially after the winter these kids had with the new S&C staff, but there are only nine players on the team who are listed at 300 or more and none over 315.

I could see him getting to 300 and having a couple years to do it with Duval taking care of that the right way. With Daniels, and the Davis twins ahead of him, he should get a couple years to develop before being counted on to contribute to heavily.

325 is pretty heavy. Stoltenberg is listed at 305. I know it's not 100% accurate, especially after the winter these kids had with the new S&C staff, but there are only nine players on the team who are listed at 300 or more and none over 315.

I could see him getting to 300 and having a couple years to do it with Duval taking care of that the right way. With Daniels, and the Davis twins ahead of him, he should get a couple years to develop before being counted on to contribute to heavily.

lol

Glad you weighed in. ;)

Haven't heard for sure, but I am assuming the staff plans to slide Piper inside. Compared to the two guys they got last year (Wildeman, Rogers) and guys they probably end up with in this class (Ty Robinson and Mosai Newson), Piper just doesn't hold up. He seems like a decent interior project.
That's where i'm a bit intrigued. Our DC states that our NG has to be the heavyweight champ of the world and be a complete beast. I'm not saying Piper can't be that, but what I am saying is that Piper's highlight film isn't as good as Stille or Wildeman. So if we are sliding him inside, after not taking a NG in 2018 we probably need to make sure we grab a couple in 2019. We can have Piper be our local guy and get one stud who could play immediately behind Daniels.

He was 230 pounds, not 275.
Decker was 250 as a junior and is now over 300.

And I'm not saying he WILL add 50 pounds or that he SHOULD, just that he looks like the type that COULD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Decker was 250 as a junior and is now over 300.
Again... confused where the relevance is here? Are we just spouting off people that have gained 50 pounds? Because my argument is not that it is impossible, I can take you to a hospital and show you someone that has put on 200 pounds. I'm saying Tanner Farmer got to the weight you are wanting Piper to get to at the same height and he was so out of shape he went out for wrestling and is now back down to 305. Stoltenberg is a freaking massive dude and an inch taller than Piper but only 305.

Last edited:
Again... confused where the relevance is here? Are we just spouting off people that have gained 50 pounds? Because my argument is not that it is impossible, I can take you to a hospital and show you someone that has put on 200 pounds. I'm saying Tanner Farmer got to the weight you are wanting Piper to get to at the same height and he was so out of shape he went out for wrestling and is now back down to 305. Stoltenberg is a freaking massive dude and an inch taller than Piper but only 305.
I added to my post after you quoted it.

That's where i'm a bit intrigued. Our DC states that our NG has to be the heavyweight champ of the world and be a complete beast. I'm not saying Piper can't be that, but what I am saying is that Piper's highlight film isn't as good as Stille or Wildeman. So if we are sliding him inside, after not taking a NG in 2018 we probably need to make sure we grab a couple in 2019. We can have Piper be our local guy and get one stud who could play immediately behind Daniels.

I've been wondering if they (Held) might keep their eye on a possible juco kid that could come in and team up with Daniels in '19.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back