• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Robert Morris transfer guard, Dachon Burke, 6'4", 180, is N

When Nebraska head coach Tim Miles and assistant Michael Lewis showed up at Dachon Burke’s doorstep for an in-home visit last Wednesday, the junior-to-be transfer from Robert Morris wasn’t quite sure what to expect.

By the time his meeting with the Husker coaches concluded, Burke knew NU had vaulted towards the top of his list of potential transfer options.

In fact, it went so well that the 6-foot-4 guard - who will have to sit out next season and then have two years of eligibility remaining - locked in his first official visit to Lincoln for Wednesday and Thursday.

“I did my research and Nebraska; the fan base is one thing, and the campus, the environment - I’ve seen all the videos and pictures, and it all looks really nice,” Burke told HuskerOnline.com. The coaches came to my house and they showed a lot of love to me and my family, and they were being very honest and telling me what they expect from me.

tenor.gif

Committed. So I guess recruiting isn't destroyed yet

Nah, just damaged a bit. It’s probably a bit easier when everyone pulls the same direction, but hey, Miles will have a more than fair opportunity to showcase his worth next year. If he’s on the right track, it will show via his record.

Looks like a good get.

So the 2020 roster could have 7 guards, 1 forward (assuming Roby stays, which he wont), and 2 centers (assuming Tshimanga stays, which i wouldnt bet on.)

Last edited:

A Great Pick-up for the Huskers! :Mfclap:

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/huskers-land-robert-morris-transfer-guard-burke
What impressed Burke as much as anything during that first in-home visit was how prepared and detailed Miles and Lewis were in their initial recruiting pitch. After averaging 17.6 points, 5.8 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 2.1 steals per game last season to earn second-team All-Northeast Conference honors, Burke said Miles made it clear he would have a major role at NU once he became eligible to play in 2019-20.

“They just love how I make plays, from scoring the ball to getting other people involved,” Burke told HuskerOnline prior to his official visit. “I could tell that (Miles) had watched my game and it wasn't just like a quick drop to my house and he just watched me on (film). He did his research before he came to my house, because he knew what he was talking about.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back