• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frank Solich

Most ADs would do the same? Maybe that's why Frank was the only 9 win coach to ever be fired. Well at least untl his evil twin Skippy fired Bo. The only two 9 win coaches to ever be fired. Both from Nebraska. Luckily, Perlman and the Pederhorst brothers are gone.

Yes. The program did not resemble what he inherited and it was by his own doing. That's about all the info I will say here.

I think the point was that Frank took over Osborne's staff, and didn't feel like he was allowed to make certain older coaches retire. There were several who couldn't be on the road recruiting because they had health issues. When Frank finally started getting "his guys", they did better. Not sure that TO did Frank a favor with the way that he elevated Frank to head coach. I would love to have Frank back at a home game, let 90k cheer for Fearless Frankie again.
You are absolutely correct on that. I didn’t explain myself,but you did.Thanks.GBR.

Most ADs would do the same? Maybe that's why Frank was the only 9 win coach to ever be fired. Well at least untl his evil twin Skippy fired Bo. The only two 9 win coaches to ever be fired. Both from Nebraska. Luckily, Perlman and the Pederhorst brothers are gone.
Mark Richt

I think the bulk of the fan base has no issue with Frank and see him for what he is. There are a few that paint him as a victim who wasn't given a fair chance and a few that paint him as the reason Nebraska football isn't what it used to be. Reality IMO is he's a Nebraska guy who deserves to be publicly brought back into the fold AND he's also part of the reason Nebraska football isn't what it used to be. That's fair. Great guy, he's done a good job at Ohio and maybe he could have sustained anywhere from 7-10 wins a year at Nebraska. We'll never know. Let him come back in 'the fold' and move on. Thank god he's not a career .500 coach.

I think the bulk of the fan base has no issue with Frank and see him for what he is. There are a few that paint him as a victim who wasn't given a fair chance and a few that paint him as the reason Nebraska football isn't what it used to be. Reality IMO is he's a Nebraska guy who deserves to be publicly brought back into the fold AND he's also part of the reason Nebraska football isn't what it used to be. That's fair. Great guy, he's done a good job at Ohio and maybe he could have sustained anywhere from 7-10 wins a year at Nebraska. We'll never know. Let him come back in 'the fold' and move on. Thank god he's not a career .500 coach.
Schedule Ohio for a game. Kick the crap out of them. Clap for them as they leave the field. Pay them well. This from a guy that thought Frankie and his coaches got screwed

Pederson never gave Frank a chance after making the changes and then went a totally different direction by tearing down the program to start over. We have been starting over ever since.

Pederson had a personal vendetta for Frank. He did not need an excuse to fire him. Pederson is the number one reason that NU slid down from the top the college football mountain. Totally disgusting.

I don't expect to ever know the entire story, but a couple of years back Sipple mentioned in his column that Harvey Perlman hired Steve Pederson for the purpose of firing Frank Solich. Considering how Perlman went about hiring Shawn Eichorst, I consider Sipple's argument to be credible.

Actually Tom retired so that Solich could be hired so that he could then be fired and Callahan hired who could then be fired so that Pelini could be hired so that he could be fired and Mike Riley hired so that he could be fired so that Scott Frost could be hired.

It all worked out as it was designed.

the continual beating of the drums of discontent from the "best fans in college football" was also a major factor of frank's relocating

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back