• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Vedral

I'm not saying you guys are lying. Would like to see a link confirming though. Seems really unfair. I'm sure UCF would have released him anywhere other than NU. I don't blame them for not releasing him to the program that their coach left for. That...like the ill advised pending changes in the transfer rule...would be a bad idea.
I'm about 75% sure I'm right. I don't have a link at this point though. I tried looking quickly but shockingly the rules aren't easy to find/read through quickly.

I'm about 75% sure I'm right. I don't have a link at this point though. I tried looking quickly but shockingly the rules aren't easy to find/read through quickly.

Imagine that. The NCAA could probably teach the federal government a few things about confusing rules/regulations/laws.

I think it's fair for Noah. He knows the rules. Anyone who went to UCF expecting that Frost was a) the excellent coach they thought he was and b) that he'd be there their whole career was being naive.

What isn't fair is that a player can bail with a coach and suck up a scholarship for the next year. I'd like to see a link because I just can't imagine that is the case. If it is it's insane.

Also....is vedral paying he way NEXT year (i.e. 18/19)? Again, not sure that that is legislatively accurate...i.e. if it's the case it's because NU is calling that shot.

I'm no expert on NCAA rules but he isn't the first guy who wasn't "released" and moved on...I find the above scenarios to be a little beyond reasonable. Hopefully someone can provide a link clearing it up.

Noah is counting against UCF as a scholarship only because UCF is not granting his release. If they wanted that scholarship back, they could just release him.

I don't know exactly how it works with the semester crossover, but Noah will be paying his own way this fall. What I don't know is whether he will have to pay for 2nd semester (spring 2019) or not since he transferred out at the end of the 1st semester 2017. He may be able to go back on scholarship Jan 2019.

Noah is counting against UCF as a scholarship only because UCF is not granting his release. If they wanted that scholarship back, they could just release him.

I don't know exactly how it works with the semester crossover, but Noah will be paying his own way this fall. What I don't know is whether he will have to pay for 2nd semester (spring 2019) or not since he transferred out at the end of the 1st semester 2017. He may be able to go back on scholarship Jan 2019.
Crazy. That isn't fair to UCF at all. And release or not vedral should get a scholarship for next year regardless of release....not play but definitely a scholarship.

Here's a simple solution:
UCF releases Noah's scholarship
UCF then gets their scholarship back for 2018
Noah then can go on scholarship at NU
Noah still can't play this year, but at least he wouldn't have to pay his own way.

The penalty of sitting out a year still exists to deter other transfers, but Noah doesn't have to shell out all of that money.
And UCF can use that scholarship on another player. Sounds like a win/win to me.

If Ethan Cox hadn't been mentioned as someone showing in practice on defense, I would have wondered if he might not play QB for a season. Reid Karel is another guy that could run this offense. I'm sure I'm leaving other notable high school QB's out, but if you are worried about emergency depth, why wouldn't you take your sixth string safety or tenth string wide receiver and let them take some limited snaps? Plus they get Masker in the summer. I would love for Vedral to be eligible in the fall, but I think instead you are going to end up with 3 sophomores competing for the job again next spring.

Need to make some "FREE VEDRAL" posters and put them around NCAA HQ. Maybe something about "Free Breon" while you're at it.

Wyatt Mosour was a pretty good high school QB could be a good emergency QB

Since day one of Frost's hiring, I've been thinking WM should ask to get a shot at QB. If he can throw decently, I think it would be a perfect fit for him....though he might be successful at RB as well. The problem for him, and Reid Karel as well, might be that they are Juniors already.

Last edited:

I think with the 3 QB's that they have, and with Masker arriving this summer, they have enough depth to make it through this next year. I don't remember a time we were forced to go beyond our 4th string QB. Although they probably want to save Masker's redshirt.

Since day one of Frost's hiring, I've been thinking WM should ask to get a shot at QB. If he can throw decently, I think it would be a perfect fit for him....though he might be successful at RB as well.

I think he would get more PT at the RB/WR position I think I read he is one of the guys they are going to use like Otis Anderson last season just thought he might be a good emergency QB if that situation ever arose

Since day one of Frost's hiring, I've been thinking WM should ask to get a shot at QB. If he can throw decently, I think it would be a perfect fit for him....though he might be successful at RB as well. The problem for him, and Reid Karel as well, might be that they are Juniors already.
Oh HELL no.

Last edited:

FWIW....a situation like here's should absolutely not warrant a waiver. They are eventually going to open the flood gates and it is going to be bad for the game.
The only way I would see it as ok is because he is not on scholarship.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back