• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Practice #8 (4/10/18)

I know it's their job, but how many times does Gebbia need to blow off their attempts at trying to peg a frontrunner before they get the point?

FWIW, my money is on Gebbia starting week 1, barring injury, and I have a feeling the spring game is going to bolster my confidence in that.

The local media sucks and I'm growing tired of their repetitive questions. The other is them trying to get a player to say something bad about the last staff.

C

I know it's their job, but how many times does Gebbia need to blow off their attempts at trying to peg a frontrunner before they get the point?

FWIW, my money is on Gebbia starting week 1, barring injury, and I have a feeling the spring game is going to bolster my confidence in that.
there is so much anticipation about this coming season and reporters and regular fans just want something!!! Fall can't get here fast in Nebraska

there is so much anticipation about this coming season and reporters and regular fans just want something!!! Fall can't get here fast in Nebraska

That's just it. People are starving for info. Yes the reporters ask repetitive questions, many times in different version. They are tasked with asking the questions that their readership wants answered.

As an out-of-stater, I find the media reporting pretty good. This isn't New York city or Phillie - we don't need the so-called cut-throat reporting that goes on there. Many of the Nebraska reporters are life-long Nebraska residents. They certainly do have biases, but I share many of them - we want the team to do well, we want details about the players and coaches, and insights that only folks seeing practice or interviews or games with their own eyes are able to provide.

Last edited:

He handles it well.

He handles it well.

Apparently, my phone thinks I haven't posted enough in this thread.

Last edited:

I know it is unpopular. But he is one I would like to have back. Put together a top ten list of DBs and mr. Brown coached half of them. Also responsible for one of the classiest moments in Nebraska History. No judgement just healing.

BTW not saying we should gt rid of any coaches . Just saying I respect the man a lot.

I know it is unpopular. But he is one I would like to have back. Put together a top ten list of DBs and mr. Brown coached half of them. Also responsible for one of the classiest moments in Nebraska History. No judgement just healing.

BTW not saying we should gt rid of any coaches . Just saying I respect the man a lot.
Ron Brown and DB's? His receivers taught the opponents' DB's a lot of lessons, i suppose, but as far as I know, other than his short stint as RB's coach, he was a WR/TE guy.

Last edited:

DB’s? You talking about Marvin Sanders maybe?

I'm right there with you in that respect.

Ron Brown and DB's? His receivers taught the opponents' DB's a lot of lessons, i suppose, but as far as I know, other than his short stint as RB's coach, he was a WR/TE guy.

There are RB's, there are DB's, and then there are DB's in another regard. I won't comment on the latter ;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back