• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

N2FL Ranks the 2019 Commits

Do you think he's their top target? And how many do they take this class, 2?

I dont think he's their "top" target. He's definitely in their top tier of backs, though. A teams recruiting board doesn't look like a Rivals 100 list. I mean, if their board was based solely on a players talent and if they had offered them, then their top RB target would be (IMO) Sean Dollars. Their board fluctuates as they build a relationship with a kid and whether or not the staff gains traction with players. Nebraska's board will have a major shuffle after the spring evaluation period (April 16-May 31) when the coaches hit the road and see what kind of reception they get and if they anticipate getting kids to visit this summer or fall, etc. It'll shift after the camp circuit this June as well. It's a combination of talent/fit and mutual interest. IMPO their top back that fits this criteria is Rahmir Johnson. But Grayson is also in that top group, no doubt. That kid would fit perfectly into this offense. You're talking about a good football player who finished second in the 100 meters at the Oklahoma Class 6A track meet as a freshman, running 10.82 seconds. He said he has run a 10.74 this season. That's legit college track speed. Like Rahmir Johnson, these kids aren't track guys playing football. It's the other way around and those players are gold in this offense.

Grayson has the green light to commit - and I think he does by May. He loved his trip. He had talked of wanting to visit Tennessee, but as of now that trip is off and he is wanting to come back for Nebraska's spring game. He does that and I think he leaves committed.

As for how many kids they take, I think they sign two or possibly even three. They lose Ozigbo and Wilbon, and then Tre Bryant's future is of course a question. When these 2019 kids enroll, Greg Bell will be a senior and right now you only have Jaylin Bradley and 2018 recruit Maurice Washington as confirmed depth. Does Bryant bounce back? Does he end up a medical casualty? Does he end up like Adam Taylor the next few years and just take up a scholarship? I dont think you can ever really count on him being healthy, even if he plays in 2018. That knee will always be something in the back of your mind if your the staff. JMPO.

I dont think he's their "top" target. He's definitely in their top tier of backs, though. A teams recruiting board doesn't look like a Rivals 100 list. I mean, if their board was based solely on a players talent and if they had offered them, then their top RB target would be (IMO) Sean Dollars. Their board fluctuates as they build a relationship with a kid and whether or not the staff gains traction with players. Nebraska's board will have a major shuffle after the spring evaluation period (April 16-May 31) when the coaches hit the road and see what kind of reception they get and if they anticipate getting kids to visit this summer or fall, etc. It'll shift after the camp circuit this June as well. It's a combination of talent/fit and mutual interest. IMPO their top back that fits this criteria is Rahmir Johnson. But Grayson is also in that top group, no doubt. That kid would fit perfectly into this offense. You're talking about a good football player who finished second in the 100 meters at the Oklahoma Class 6A track meet as a freshman, running 10.82 seconds. He said he has run a 10.74 this season. That's legit college track speed. Like Rahmir Johnson, these kids aren't track guys playing football. It's the other way around and those players are gold in this offense.

Grayson has the green light to commit - and I think he does by May. He loved his trip. He had talked of wanting to visit Tennessee, but as of now that trip is off and he is wanting to come back for Nebraska's spring game. He does that and I think he leaves committed.

As for how many kids they take, I think they sign two or possibly even three. They lose Ozigbo and Wilbon, and then Tre Bryant's future is of course a question. When these 2019 kids enroll, Greg Bell will be a senior and right now you only have Jaylin Bradley and 2018 recruit Maurice Washington as confirmed depth. Does Bryant bounce back? Does he end up a medical casualty? Does he end up like Adam Taylor the next few years and just take up a scholarship? I dont think you can ever really count on him being healthy, even if he plays in 2018. That knee will always be something in the back of your mind if your the staff. JMPO.
Great points...Rahmir Johnson and Thomas Grayson would be great additions. Because of his family connection to Nebraska (Jeff Smith), I will be interested to see what happens with Breece Hall.

I am thinking @N2FL is about to starting holding off until his end of the year write. Best check this thread in February. ;)

1. OLB Garrett Nelson ## (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud
2. RB Thomas Grayson (Oklahoma) recruited by Ryan Held
3. Ath. Garrett Snodgrass (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud
4. DL Ethan Piper (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud and Erik Chinander

##: plans to enroll early

Last edited:

1. OLB Garrett Nelson (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud
2. RB Thomas Garrett (Oklahoma) recruited by Ryan Held
3. Ath. Garrett Snodgrass (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud
4. DL Garrett Piper (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud and Erik Chinander
You spelled Thomas Garrett and Garrett Piper wrong... FTFY.

1. RB Thomas Grayson (Oklahoma) recruited by Ryan Held

2,3,4 - some kids from a state where they may have corn and runzas

1. RB Rahmir Johnson (New Jersey) recruited by Ryan Held
2. OLB Garrett Nelson ## (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud
3. RB Thomas Grayson (Oklahoma) recruited by Ryan Held
4. Ath. Garrett Snodgrass (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud
5. DL Ethan Piper (Nebraska) recruited by Barrett Ruud and Erik Chinander

##: plans to enroll early

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back