• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Palmer and Copeland put names in NBA draft, will not hire agent so coming back still an option

Not surprised since he probably has the highest ceiling of anyone on the roster, but he still needs some honing, and to kick up his aggressiveness some. He could dominate at times, and disappear in others. He needs to develop a little harder edge, and the sky is the limit!
I agree on this. He seems to have the potential to have a really good pro career, he just needs more seasoning as a collegiate athlete. I hope all 3 come back for one more season, we could be really good next year. Best of luck to them all of course, but especially Roby.

Not surprised since he probably has the highest ceiling of anyone on the roster, but he still needs some honing, and to kick up his aggressiveness some. He could dominate at times, and disappear in others. He needs to develop a little harder edge, and the sky is the limit!
Very much so...He has the potential to flat dominate a game. The info he gets back concerning his game could be the thing to push him to that next level.

He's my son's favorite player, so I hope he gets great information that helps him come back and become that player.

Roby definitely needs to improve his outside shooting and get stronger. He did not hold up well defending inside, although admittedly out sized in that capacity. However, in the NBA, he would have to guard the 3 or 4 and not sure defensively he is ready for that yet.

Very much so...He has the potential to flat dominate a game. The info he gets back concerning his game could be the thing to push him to that next level.

He's my son's favorite player, so I hope he gets great information that helps him come back and become that player.
When I see Roby, there is almost a Shawn Marion quality about him. Great hops off the floor, defensive anticipation that allows him to make steals and blocks, a bit of an odd shot that is currently streaky, but could be dialed in a little, skills that allow him to play and cover both inside and out. And both were/are perceived as a little soft.

Roby just needs another year in the weight room and another working on his game. He’s absolutely got NBA talent.

When I see Roby, there is almost a Shawn Marion quality about him. Great hops off the floor, defensive anticipation that allows him to make steals and blocks, a bit of an odd shot that is currently streaky, but could be dialed in a little, skills that allow him to play and cover both inside and out. And both were/are perceived as a little soft.

Roby just needs another year in the weight room and another working on his game. He’s absolutely got NBA talent.
Good comparison to Shawn Marion. When he consistently shows that on the floor...

I love Roby at Nebraska, but I don't know that he's got NBA talent. He's an amazing athlete, but he's got a lot of work to do before he's got more than NBA potential. I hope that he's able to get to that point over the next two years at Nebraska. ;)

Good comparison to Shawn Marion. When he consistently shows that on the floor...
I got to go to the Suns practice facility when I lived in Phoenix. On the wall the had what amounted to a tape measure for guys to measure wingspan. There was a silhouette of Marion on it, showing his height of 6’7”, and his arms that reached right at 7’. I was 6’8” at the time, and I’ve always been just a shade over 6’9” on my reach. That’s a 5 inch swing on Marion’s reach from what people usually are.

Guys with long arms like Marion, and like Roby just mess with your game, and that makes you adjust nearly everything; how you protect the ball dribbling, how you pass, how you rebound, the way you shoot, even where you shoot from. It’s just a pain! And someone like Roby who jumps so quick can humble you in a very public manner. When he sends your shot back at you, in a motion that looks like Lauren Stivrins spiking from a slide attack, you kind of decide to pass the ball the rest of the game.

If Roby played 5-10 years ago, he’d own the defensive end, and rarely be in foul trouble. The way they officiate, bailing out the offense and allowing them to initiate contact hurts a guy like Roby. Guys know he’s going to get their shot, so they just throw themselves into him, which puts him on the bench too much.

Last edited:
I love Roby at Nebraska, but I don't know that he's got NBA talent. He's an amazing athlete, but he's got a lot of work to do before he's got more than NBA potential. I hope that he's able to get to that point over the next two years at Nebraska. ;)
I'm not sure you've actually seen him play more than once or twice. Roby has all the makings of an NBA player. Does he need more work, yes, does he need more schooling, yes, will he make it in the NBA in a year or two, YES.

I'm not sure you've actually seen him play more than once or twice. Roby has all the makings of an NBA player. Does he need more work, yes, does he need more schooling, yes, will he make it in the NBA in a year or two, YES.
Hrm... maybe we have different definitions? Does he have NBA skill? No. Is he an amazing athlete? Yes. Is he a better athlete than some in the NBA? Yes. Will he be in the NBA? Not unless he gets a lot better. Does he have the potential to develop into an NBA player? Yes. Is he an NBA Talent? Not yet.

I didn't attend two home games this year... but I caught them on video later. Roby is my favorite player on the team, and my family cheers for him as well even though they don't like "sportsball".

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back