• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So if I wanted to tell you guys about my New Pellet Grill?

I love smoked chicken thighs. I always throw mine over direct heat for a couple of minutes after smoking, to crisp that skin up.

Sometimes, to change things up from our usual pork butt/ribs/belly etc, I'll spatchcock and smoke a whole bird. Man, now I'm hungry.

You said spatchcock

Ribs and baked potatoes for tonight! Damn do I love my Grilla Grill!

29542272_1411435792335352_5490685749034319606_n.jpg

Looks fantastic and wish i had some. A couple of tips passed on to me about ribs if your interested. when placing the ribs on the smoker kind of push them together from both ends as it makes them plump up. also use a toothpick to check when they are done as the toothpick should push thru them like soft butter. again well done and congrats.

Looks fantastic and wish i had some. A couple of tips passed on to me about ribs if your interested. when placing the ribs on the smoker kind of push them together from both ends as it makes them plump up. also use a toothpick to check when they are done as the toothpick should push thru them like soft butter. again well done and congrats.
Ever try the 3-2-1 method? I've found that to work very well. Obviously, time will vary depending upon conditions.

Ever try the 3-2-1 method? I've found that to work very well. Obviously, time will vary depending upon conditions.

I have tried but it really depends on your smoker. I have a cookshack FEC100 and it is a very moist chamber with a temp a bit warmer in the back than the front. So season ribs scrunch them together with the thicker side towards the back of the smoker. I do spritz a couple of times with apple juice and then check when done using the toothpick method as they are done when they are done. I then simmer BBQ sauce just to get it warm and finish on the grill to glaze.

I have tried but it really depends on your smoker. I have a cookshack FEC100 and it is a very moist chamber with a temp a bit warmer in the back than the front. So season ribs scrunch them together with the thicker side towards the back of the smoker. I do spritz a couple of times with apple juice and then check when done using the toothpick method as they are done when they are done. I then simmer BBQ sauce just to get it warm and finish on the grill to glaze.
Gotcha. I just have a drum/stick burner smoker so the meat stays a descent distance from the heat source. I hate this thread, now I want some ribs.

My best baked beans on the planet are a must when having ribs.
Yessir. My go to sides are baked beans, smoked jalapeno cornbread and my world famous potato salad. If time and schedule permits, I may even convince Ms. King to hook up some of her out of this world, mac 'n cheese.

Bought a green mountain a few years back. Tried the 3-2-1 method as i saw it on the internet and had never smoked ribs before. Easy and consistent way to smoke ribs.

Bought a green mountain a few years back. Tried the 3-2-1 method as i saw it on the internet and had never smoked ribs before. Easy and consistent way to smoke ribs.

I use a foil (some call it cheating or a Texas crutch) wrap to finish my pork butts occasionally, as well. Once they hit 150° (about 5 hours), I wrap them and throw them in a 400° oven until they hit 195° - 200° internal. You don't get as much bark but you retain all of those juices from the pork and the rub.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back