• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

So if I wanted to tell you guys about my New Pellet Grill?

Got it Tuesday! It only took ten minutes to set it up out of it's crate!

29496062_1408016939343904_4627158749780377600_n.jpg

First thing I did was a cheap chuck roast and then I tried to make candied bacon for the first time!

My gosh the explosion in your mouth from the candy bacon! That food should be a sin!

29433274_1408016926010572_3808620094347542528_n.jpg

First thing I did was a cheap chuck roast and then I tried to make candied bacon for the first time!

My gosh the explosion in your mouth from the candy bacon! That food should be a sin!

29433274_1408016926010572_3808620094347542528_n.jpg

try some skin on Chicken thighs in it. My wife normally hates chicken thighs but in a pellet smoker they come out soooo good and juicy.

try some skin on Chicken thighs in it. My wife normally hates chicken thighs but in a pellet smoker they come out soooo good and juicy.

I love smoked chicken thighs. I always throw mine over direct heat for a couple of minutes after smoking, to crisp that skin up.

Sometimes, to change things up from our usual pork butt/ribs/belly etc, I'll spatchcock and smoke a whole bird. Man, now I'm hungry.

I love smoked chicken thighs. I always throw mine over direct heat for a couple of minutes after smoking, to crisp that skin up.

Sometimes, to change things up from our usual pork butt/ribs/belly etc, I'll spatchcock and smoke a whole bird. Man, now I'm hungry.

During the summer don't forget to throw a spatchcocked turkey or turkey breast in the smoker. Turkeys aren't just for Thanksgiving!

During the summer don't forget to throw a spatchcocked turkey or turkey breast in the smoker. Turkeys aren't just for Thanksgiving!
I love some smoked turkey and usually do bone-in breasts several times a year. For Thanksgiving, I always roast a bird and smoke one. Last year, I tried the injection thing for the first time and now I'm hooked. Last year's bird was brined for 24 hours, rubbed, injected with the creole blend and smoked over apple and hickory. That may have been the best turkey I've ever made. I'm embarrassed to say how little I smoked last year but life just got in the way. This year, I'm thinking about purchasing a new smoker and really hitting it hard with a focus on beef.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back