• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 C Brady Heiman, 6-11, 200 lbs, Platteview is 'N' (enters Transfer Portal > So. Dakota)

I liken him to Wes Wilkinson and could see a similar college trajectory and style of play.

I liken him to Wes Wilkinson and could see a similar college trajectory and style of play.
Really? I haven't seen him play, but I was always impressed with how well Wilkinson moved at his size. Wilkinson was 6'11" I think, and looked like an athlete when he would sprint. Most guys that tall (and Heiman is 6'10.5" according to one of the camp measurements I saw) look like they are struggling to jog. Wilkinson could run and change directions. Sprinting isn't really a measure of a good basketball player, but I like that you would compare him to Wilkinson at all.

Here's some video. Seems like he is fast getting down the floor, spins well both to right & left finishing with hook shots. Blocks a lot of shots, but tends to get a lot of fouls.

I'm really warming up to this commit, especially with another year of HS to mature and improve consistency and likely redshirt year.

Really? I haven't seen him play, but I was always impressed with how well Wilkinson moved at his size. Wilkinson was 6'11" I think, and looked like an athlete when he would sprint. Most guys that tall (and Heiman is 6'10.5" according to one of the camp measurements I saw) look like they are struggling to jog. Wilkinson could run and change directions. Sprinting isn't really a measure of a good basketball player, but I like that you would compare him to Wilkinson at all.

I remember Wes being really dominant at Grand Island high. If I remember correctly, Wes was a Top 100 recruit nationally at the time. Wes was much more skilled offensively though.

They remind me of each other in terms of base athleticism. Your right, it's pretty rare to find 15-18 year old bigs who are extremely coordinated. I want to see what Heiman does this year statistically. He's got a really good sniper outside to keep some pressure off him. He's going to be a marked man though, he'll see plenty of double teams. He should have no problem putting up 20+ ppg if he's Big 10 caliber. He should also be able to will that team deep into the state playoffs if not win it.

I remember Wes need two years to adjust and put on weight.

I remember Wes being really dominant at Grand Island high. If I remember correctly, Wes was a Top 100 recruit nationally at the time. Wes was much more skilled offensively though.

They remind me of each other in terms of base athleticism. Your right, it's pretty rare to find 15-18 year old bigs who are extremely coordinated. I want to see what Heiman does this year statistically. He's got a really good sniper outside to keep some pressure off him. He's going to be a marked man though, he'll see plenty of double teams. He should have no problem putting up 20+ ppg if he's Big 10 caliber. He should also be able to will that team deep into the state playoffs if not win it.

I remember Wes need two years to adjust and put on weight.
If his coach is smart they will continue to give him looks from outside. You can't really double a guy on the wing and not pay for it inside. Its also going to be a great weapon if the kid can be 6'10 and hit a 3. Not many he won't be able to shoot over.

If there is a good shooter in the state... should we be trying to get him as well? Can we have too many shooters? Can we have any?

(and Another! :Redface::Redface:)

(
All-Devaney_ph34r.png
Heard Brady was averaging 20.5 ppg, and 11.1 rbs through 8 games this season.)

Last edited:

Nate Thayer (I'm assuming that's number 20) is obviously the X-man Cyclops with those spectacles. I think he's ready to fight Red Skull and any German robots.
He can never take those off during the game. I can say that he is one laser focused player.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back